Talk

Advanced search

sorry this really is TMI but I really need to know what day to count as day 1...

(6 Posts)
eleveld Thu 10-Jul-08 11:38:37

I need to have a final FSH blood test on day 2-4.

Have had bit of brown spotting on a tampax last couple of days. Today I don't need to use a tampax yet but if I do use one there is fresh red blood (sorry, I did warn you).

Do you think I should class today as day 1 and ring and make appointment for tomorrow.

Only reaon I ask is because if I class tomorrow as day 1 instead that means I won't be able to get tested until what will be day 4/5 (because of weekend) and I don't want to do anything that gives my FSH levels the chance to increase even further (as they won't do IVF if they are high).

Sorry it's a bit waffly but I just don't know what to do

eleveld Thu 10-Jul-08 11:41:00

just thought I may be being really stupid thinking FSH levels will increase.

do they increase slightly from days 2 - 5 or do they stay exactly the same?

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 10-Jul-08 11:45:17

FSH levels roughly stay the same within days 2 -5 (FSH is usually tested around day 3). I would say they should be looking at LH levels as well. If the phebotomists can do the blood test on Saturday so much the better, but if not make the appointment for tomorrow.

Would suggest you make the appointment asap to have the blood taken in any event.

Good luck

Attila

eleveld Thu 10-Jul-08 11:48:09

Thanks Attila

As usual you've been a massive help.

If I did make the appointment for tomorrow but tomorrow turned out to be the 'proper' day 1 would that give a false result to the test?

WantBaby Thu 10-Jul-08 11:53:56

What does FSH mean please?

eleveld Thu 10-Jul-08 11:58:11

follicle stimulating hormone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now