Talk

Advanced search

clomid - has it taken anyone more than 9 months on it to conceive??

(5 Posts)
nappyaddict Wed 09-Jul-08 12:52:45

i am asking for my friend who has been ttc for a total of 3.5 years

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 09-Jul-08 13:36:00

Is there a diagnosis of the underlying fertility problem/s?.

Why has she been on clomid for more than nine months?. Treatment on this drug usually stops after six months (clomid resistance can become an issue) and other treatments are tried.

amberflower Wed 09-Jul-08 14:09:53

I know of someone who took 5 cycles of Clomid before conceiving. I conceived after 2, but have sadly suffered a MMC.

My understanding is that clomid should not be taken without a break after three months, and then only taken for a further three months. If no success after that, from what I have read people are generally advised to move on to IUI, IVF etc, as clomid is unlikely to bring success after this point and there is a danger of the womb lining starting to thin etc.

Elasticwoman Wed 09-Jul-08 14:14:51

I took about 9 months to conceive on Clomid in 1993. No ill effects yet, and the next 2 dc were conceived without it.

NoAngel683 Fri 18-Jul-08 18:49:53

I have been ttc for 7 years now..just found out I have PCOS which is whats causing me not to ovulate. I did take Clomid a few times about 2 years ago and it never worked for me..the only thing it did was make me bleed horribly bad! Dont know why?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now