Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Period definition please

(7 Posts)
WHIGERS Mon 31-Jan-05 20:05:04

So we are TTC but it's early days yet and not stressing (very much) yet, but who can tell me what the start of a period can look like. For example, my periods usually warn me they are comming with a pale brownish dischrarge a few days before the full on flow. So far I have counted the first day of my period when the full flow appears usually lasting 2/3 days, ending with a few days of brownish dischrarge again. It occured to me this month that perhaps I should be counting the very first signs of my period as day 1. What do you think? Just trying to work out when I might be ovulating. I am also keeping an eye on cervical fluid throughout the month for egg white stage. Any thoughts?
thanks x

boogie2 Mon 31-Jan-05 20:26:41

My gynae says first full day of bleeding is day 1. She also says go for it regularly days 9 to 21 - to optimise chance of conception. It's easy to get a bit obsessed with egg white and stuff which doesn't help with the not stressing. Good luck.

Moomin Mon 31-Jan-05 22:02:49

yes, boogie is right. it's the first day of bright red bleeding that counts as day 1.

WHIGERS Wed 02-Feb-05 09:48:09

thanks guys x

Jandy Fri 01-Apr-05 13:36:03

Hi. Sorry, this is probably a stupid question, but if I get my period this evening does today count as Day 1 or is it tomorrow? Thanks for your help.

leahbump Fri 01-Apr-05 13:46:55

tommorrow would count as day one- day one is the first FULL day of bleeding.

HTH

Jandy Fri 01-Apr-05 14:02:55

Thanks for this. I couldn't seem to find anything which actually said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now