Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Is it going to be a good time to....

(17 Posts)
ThomCat Wed 26-Jan-05 17:56:55

Someone hgave me a link to a website once on how to work it all out but I shyed away and didn't ever get my head round it.
I didn't want to be too aware of when I needed to have sex to conceive, i just want to have unprotected sex and whenit happens it happens.

However........

been a while of no contraception and nothing and I have 4 child free nights with him in New York this weekend so....

The first day of my last period was 17 January 2005.
We arrive in New york this Friuday the 28th and we leave on the 1st Feb.

So from first day of last period to when we arrive in to hotel 12 days have passed.

Is this going to be a good time to try and make babies??????

amynnixmum Wed 26-Jan-05 17:58:13

Sorry TC, don't really know but at New York and good luck

jessicasmummy Wed 26-Jan-05 17:59:15

i wish i understood all this working out stuff too... im very much a see what happens girl too. i think they say about 14 days so yeah - make the most of it!

ThomCat Wed 26-Jan-05 17:59:29

ohhh, I so thought you were going to say 'YES' perfect timing!

bundle Wed 26-Jan-05 17:59:33

sounds perfect to me....

ThomCat Wed 26-Jan-05 18:03:19

Does it really sound perfect Bundle, as in timing. I so wasn't going to get into this but i did think I heard somewhere someone say 14 days into your cycle is good, which it will be and 4 days of no child so sex when we want... too good to be true isn't it?

hoxtonchick Wed 26-Jan-05 18:06:54

depends how long your cycle is TC. if it's around 28 days it sounds just right. good luck!

aloha Wed 26-Jan-05 18:07:05

If you have a 28 day cycle you are supposed to ovulate about 12 - 16 days before the start of your next period. So it does sound rather perfectly timed! Have fun, but do try to leave your hotel room sometimes
Ovulation is supposed to make you feel sexier and for your man to find you sexier, so that has to be a bonus. Pack your best underwear!

amynnixmum Wed 26-Jan-05 18:07:18

First 2 times I got pregnant it was in the middle of my cycle.

aloha Wed 26-Jan-05 18:07:29

Ooh and if you get lucky you too could call your next child Brooklyn!

bundle Wed 26-Jan-05 18:09:48

also TC, it's good to have sex before ovulation as sperm can hang around for ages (up to 4 days i think, and they reckon they're the "girl" sperms iykwim, we had dds both times and definitely had sex before i ovulated), x

Tessiebear Wed 26-Jan-05 18:10:12

Sounds perfect timing - you should experience around then "egg-white" cervical mucus (your discharge should be stretchy and clear - this is when you are about to Ovulate and most fertile) Sorry for TMI. Check out FertilityFriend.com

emmatmg Wed 26-Jan-05 18:31:45

Our 3 ds's were concieved between day 12 and 16 so if your cycle is 28 days then it's sounds absolutley perfect.

(P.s tessiebear, I never knew about the "egg-white" thing until I read about on here. It used to really freak me out and worry me. Ain't mumsnet great)

Tessiebear Wed 26-Jan-05 18:35:39

I managed to conceive my first two DS's first time without knowing about it either!!!!
I am now pg with no.3 (also conceived first month) and i thought we had done it at the right time ... then a week later when we hadnt BDed for a week i noticed the Egg-white CM and did it the next day .... unless i had noticed it and "reacted" accordingly i may not have fallen pregnant

emmatmg Wed 26-Jan-05 18:41:32

I look out for it now too, I'm not on the pill and it's great fun knowing when condoms aren't necessary

Sorry for the hi-jack TC.

emmatmg Wed 26-Jan-05 18:41:54

forgot the too

ThomCat Wed 26-Jan-05 22:32:12

Ohhhhh how exciting. No, actually must calm down, may well not happen. Would be nice though
I haven't noticed any discharge at all for ages, since before I had Charlotte. Oh well I'll just shag for England and see what happens.

Aloha - am planning on taking bets lingerie sets, but will have to be worn under my thermals! You've seen how cold it is in NY right!

And we're going to Brooklyn the day we arrive! LOL

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: