Talk

Advanced search

Dieting whilst trying to conceive

(8 Posts)
wog Mon 24-Jan-05 20:22:00

Good evening everyone, sorry if getting on everyones nerves asking for advice but one of my new years resolution was to loose weight, ideally I want to loose 3 stone but now I am trying to conceive I'm not sure what type of diet to follow because I really need to loose weight so how can I loose weight and be or become pregnant at the same time??

Hulababy Mon 24-Jan-05 20:24:07

I am also dieting whilst TTC, as onviously being fitter, healthier and lighter may well help with conception.

I am following Weight Watcher points. I don't go to classes, but have all the food points typed up on my computer, and do it that way. Started just over 3 weeks ago, and have lost about half a stone now - at 2lb a week.

wog Mon 24-Jan-05 20:40:24

hulababy congratulations on your weight loss, that does it i'm going to start this week - did you say on the other thread that your ds is 21/2, the same as my dd anyway another question i am not big on excercise hence the 3 stone i have to loose but i really want to take up badminton if i start just now and fall pregnant can i keep it up?

bongobum Mon 24-Jan-05 20:48:57

I did the weightwatcher diet in the run up to my wedding. I have never ever managed to stick to any kind of diet-miraculously I lost 3.5 stones in only 6 months and it was EASY would highly recommend.

When I was 3 lbs away from my goal weight I found out I was pregnant and ate for England I think I fell pregnant so quickly because of the weight lost and I had become very fit in that time.

Have started WW's again.
Well done Hula, that's an excellent weight loss so soon.

DecafArabica Mon 24-Jan-05 21:49:54

I'm a member of Slimming World and conceived whilst following their eating plan which provides more than adequate nutrition for mum/baby and is perfectly safe to follow whilst you are pregnant, too.

wog Mon 24-Jan-05 23:31:28

What about just starting badminton if I start just now can I keep it up if I conceive.

DecafArabica Tue 25-Jan-05 14:09:11

I think it depends how fit or unfit you are. Generally advice tends to be, don't start a strenuous new form of exercise when you are pregnant, so for example, if you're pretty unfit and have never jogged before, don't plunge yourself into a runner's training programme. This is a useful place to go for pre-conception and pregnancy information

Sliminside Tue 25-Jan-05 16:10:32

Hi wog i to am ttc and i have been going to scottish slimmers for 2 weeks and have lost 8lbs so far, the diet is great and really healthy you get free fruit and lost of veg ideal for a healthy baby if you ask me, i have also started walking and thats the only form of excersize i intend to do but its worked for my so far i`m over the moon with my weight loss so good luck to you whatever you decide to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now