Talk

Advanced search

Persona Monitor

(5 Posts)
Sliminside Mon 24-Jan-05 20:09:30

Hi all i`m just at the start of trying for a baby again at the old age of nearly 40 it took me well over a year to get pregnant with my son after a miscarrage, I am considering buying a persona monitor as i`ve heard you can use it to predict the right (or wrong for some) time to have sex. My question is has anyone ever used the monitor to help you get pregnant rather than not get pregnant. Look foward to your replies thanks

nasa Mon 24-Jan-05 20:11:50

yes
quite a few of threads about this sliminside previously - go to 'topics' then 'conception' and scroll down
HTH

Sallie Tue 25-Jan-05 11:13:15

I have and it really helped when ttc dd (no2) and no 3 (7 weeks). Think it is well worth the initial outlay. It helps you to pinpoint ovulation and therefore takes the pressue off trying to bd every other day or every day.....it is also a lot easier to use than OPKs in my opinion. best of luck.

Raindog Tue 25-Jan-05 11:19:56

Hello
I used a Persona when I came off the pill - firstly as a contraceptive and then to conceive. It worked first time we tried and I'm now 26wks pg! I find it incredibly reassuring to know when you are ovulating each month, and to know that your cycle is completely natural without extra hormones and so on. There seem to be lots of people here who used it and got pregnant by accident, but I'm not sure how that happens really because it does give you a lot of 'red days' when you could possibly get pregnant, and does take into account the time that sperm can hang around and so on. Maybe it works best if you have a regular cycle I suppose. Good luck!

Sliminside Tue 25-Jan-05 16:06:20

Thank you everyone for your replies I`m going to buy a monitor and i`ll you all know how i get on with it thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now