Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC 3rd giving me 3 under 3 if lucky this month, anyone else had the same age gap and have you SURVIVED?

(5 Posts)
jollyjolly Mon 09-Jun-08 23:09:27

Ok. I have 2 DS's 1 2 in a couple of weeks, and one 8 months old. If lucky in the next few months, my 3 children at time of delivery will be 2, 1 and 0, anyone else had such a close age gap and did you survive, am i mad?

glaskham Tue 10-Jun-08 14:47:44

i had 2 with only a 15.5mth gap and now dd is 2.2y i plan to have another.... i doubt i could ahve coped with a 3rd before now.... but if you think you can then you go girl.... get it all out of the way!!!

StripySails Tue 10-Jun-08 14:57:16

I am doing it. DC3 born two weeks before DC1's birthday (all roughly 18 months apart). DC3 is now 3 months. I'm really pleased with my crowd. It was all planned this way and having done it wouldn't have it any other way. It helps that all 3 seem to have fairly chilled personalites. The first two bicker a bit, and it's difficult trying to police them while feeding the baby but I actually find it easier than when supervising DC1 whilst feeding DC2. Experience helps, by number three less things will faze you, and there's a big element of going with the flow. Leave hours to do anything like leave the house. And don't count the nappies, DC1 still wears them at night, 3 nappy sacks lined up at the top of the stairs every morning is a sight. Some days I'v done 5 nappies before 9am.

I think the negatives (hard, hard work) are massively outweighed by the positives of having them so close in age. I would encourage anyone to go for it. The days and weeks quickly turn into months and suddenly they are all that bit older.

Good luck!

StripySails Wed 11-Jun-08 13:30:58

Just realised this should read DC3 born two weeks before DC1's 3rd birthday. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense!

jollyjolly Mon 28-Jul-08 20:58:56

bump

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: