Talk

Advanced search

Could I possibly be pregnant?

(7 Posts)
DebbieF Thu 20-Jan-05 18:54:13

I have a regular 25 day cycle and started my LMP on 01/01/05. We had on 08/01(day 7) and I'm pretty sure I ovulated on 10/01(day 9). Have felt nauseous for the past few days but when I did a First Response test today (day 19) it was negative. Am I mad to think I'm pregnant and am I right to think it was too early to take the test?

Amanda3266 Thu 20-Jan-05 19:00:14

Hi Debbie,

Might have been too early - even for First Response. No you're not mad to think you're pregnant - especially if you're TTC. I've had all this too (but have a very irregualr cycle).I've done tests absolutely convinced I'm pg - and they've been negative. Then when AF arrives the symptoms go and I wonder how I could have thought of pregnancy being likely.
The fact that you have a regular cycle is good - especially if you can pinpoint when you ovulate. Apparently sperm can live for several days so being pg is quite possible.
I was told (before I got pg with DS) to wait until I was 5 days late before testing - but the wait was AGONIZING. Thank God when I finally did test (3 days late) I was pg.

Hope you are too - if that's what you want.

Mandy

Elf Thu 20-Jan-05 19:05:51

Debbie, I think day 19 is much to early to get an accurate reading on the test. Doesn't it say on the packet, from the day your period is due? I recently did about four tests, mainly becauase DH was so excited and it wasn't until the afternoon of the day my period was due that a faint line came up. No line came up the evening before. Good luck whichever way you want it to come out.

DebbieF Thu 20-Jan-05 19:10:18

Just hope I'm not imagining the nausea !! Pg should be due Mon/Tues so should I wait till then to test again or when. My DD is now 7 and I've forgotten everything except the 16 weeks of morning sickness I had !!

Elf Thu 20-Jan-05 19:14:31

Debbie, (ooh I 've never replied so quickly to someone on mumsnet before!) Anyway, if your cycle is 25 days I would test on day 25 but if it is negative and your period doesn't come, don't despair, keep testing over the next few days as well.

Got to go now, good luck again.

bonym Thu 20-Jan-05 20:54:37

Debbie - I would agree that too early to test but we conceived 2 days prior to ovulation so it is certainly a possibility - sperm can sometimes survive up to 4 days (also, it's more likely to be girl the further from ovulation you have intercourse as the female sperm live longer than the male - stronger you see !)

bonym Thu 20-Jan-05 20:57:35

Debbie - I would agree that too early to test but we conceived 2 days prior to ovulation so it is certainly a possibility - sperm can sometimes survive up to 4 days (also, it's more likely to be girl the further from ovulation you have intercourse as the female sperm live longer than the male - stronger you see !)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now