Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Booking holiday flights when TTC

(8 Posts)
Hulababy Sun 02-Jan-05 22:14:01

Just thinking about holiday plans for the summer and suddenly dawned on me that I can't book ey, can I?

How many weeks is it when you can't fly when pg?

I am wanting to go on holiday for first two weeks in August - coming back before 14th August, probably a bit earlier.

So, when is the earliest I can book?

Any ideas?

Twiglett Sun 02-Jan-05 22:15:15

thought it was 26 or 28 weeks before you needed a note from doctors then it is up to airlines

why don't you book a holiday in the UK hula .. Scotland? Cornwall? Norfolk? .. can be so beautiful

you could get a lovely villa or hotel

Hulababy Sun 02-Jan-05 22:44:42

I know Twiglett, but the weather is so bad - well it is whenever we go away in England. We do often have a week away, or long weekend, in UK which is fine - but I would prefer to go abroad if we can. More chance of nice weather you see.

Did consider ferry or Eurostar but it takes us so long to get down to the South from here, it's a pain.

Portree Mon 03-Jan-05 17:55:20

I flew between 29 and 31 weeks pg and just had to provide a letter from my GP stating how pg I was and that I was fit to travel. IIRC it varies between airlines so you would need to check with them. Some scheduled airlines will take you up to 36 weeks pg.

The issue I had was with travel insurance. The bucket operators had cut off points as early as 22 weeks. Did get insurance through a broker though and it only cost about an extra £10.

Hulababy Mon 03-Jan-05 21:16:11

Thanks

I will have to scour the terms & conditions before booking I guess. And check my holiday insurance - we have annual insurance which will still be in date to use.

SofiaAmes Mon 03-Jan-05 22:22:46

Depens on where you go. I went to italy by plane when 7.5 mo. pregnant. I flew back without needing a letter at 36 weeks (can't remember if it was alitalia or ba). I think it's more important to bear in mind that if you go into labor a few weeks early, are you going to be somewhere where you are comfortable having a baby. (I speak italian and have family there, so wasn't too worried about it).

kinderbob Mon 03-Jan-05 22:28:58

I'd give it another couple of months if it was me.

Hulababy Tue 04-Jan-05 17:40:35

That's what I thought. I think one of the companies I read was 28 weeks, and after that a doctors note was needed. So I make that, that I can book in March.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now