Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Clomid question

(6 Posts)
MrsFogi Tue 21-Dec-04 12:39:24

Those of you who have taken clomid - was it always taken in conjunction with other drugs (estrogen and/or progesterone) or have any of you taken clomid alone?

TheHollyAndTheTwiglett Tue 21-Dec-04 13:05:23

I took clomid alone for a luteal phase defect .. I think it depends what its being used to treat

ladymuck Tue 21-Dec-04 21:52:13

I took it alone (but around 7 years ago) for PCOS. I think they sometimes combine it with Metformin or something now....

runtus Wed 22-Dec-04 15:31:34

I am taking it at the moment, after a 10 day course of progesterone - but initially it was to alone. Only ended up taking the Progest. as I didn't have a period for 66 days and they decided that was long enough!

Have you been prescribed Clomid?

MrsFogi Wed 22-Dec-04 15:48:30

I've been prescribed it with eostrogen for about 10 days and then progesterone for about 18 days - am wondering if my gyne is being a bit overenthusiastic with the pills as I do ovulate each month and none of my hormone tests have come back with any problems. The only problem is not getting pg for nearly 2 years so I think she's trying to help this with drugs but just wonder if she's going too far!

xmashampermunker Wed 22-Dec-04 15:49:47

Hi MF. I took Clomid alone and fell pg on the first cycle (I had PCOS and endometriosis and not much chance of conceiving). HTH a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now