I've got no hope with this cycle have I?

(41 Posts)
andpeggy1 Thu 25-Nov-21 16:50:37

So I'm usually 30 days regular cycle, ovulation happening usually between cd 15-18. This time my ovulation day wasn't til cd 21.

I'm currently 16DPO (day 35 in cycle) feeling all the pms symptoms and cramping on and off. Took a cheapo test today (first thing this morning) (75p from home bargains) and it came back very quickly and very clearly negative (see picture)

I am obese and I have heard it can take a while for the Hcg hormone to show for larger ladies. But I thought it would show now?

Should I just get my head out of the hope zone and look to buying more ovulation sticks ready for next month ( when ever my period actually starts) or am I better retesting with a more expensive pregnancy test in a few days time?

OP’s posts: |
GingerbreadTM Mon 13-Dec-21 13:29:35

@andpeggy1 I am deeply sorry to read the update on this thread.
I hope you're ok and looking after yourself.
Here's hoping to sticky BFP for all who are wishing for them xxx

Goofbawl Mon 13-Dec-21 10:28:59

So sorry to read this update @andpeggy1
Everything crossed for you in the new year. Eat, drink and get very merry and try to have a lovely Christmas xxx

MsFrog Mon 13-Dec-21 08:52:55

Really sad to read this thread, OP. I've been on this same rollercoaster, and it's devastating. Sending lots of love and care your way, and fingers crossed for brighter things next year for you xx

andpeggy1 Mon 13-Dec-21 08:39:07

Just took this morning. Fingers crossed the new year brings me a sticky bfp

andpeggy1 Fri 10-Dec-21 00:13:13

No I havnt done another test yet. I'm still bleeding on and off, planning to re test next week as the bleeding is suppose to be done after 2 weeks n hopefully it will be all done

SWAttempting Tue 07-Dec-21 07:43:23

andpeggy1

*@sho22* thank you for asking. So all Wednesday Thursday Friday I had mild cramping n on n off dark bleeding. Saturday and Sunday it stopped completely, but my boobs are still really sore n swollen. Yesterday the bleeding returned again but with the worse cramps I've ever experienced ever. I thought I'd gotten over the cramps n bleeding and I was ready to move on but I guess not. I'm still really sad about it all, but I guess these things if they arnt right happen for a reason. I'm just finding the waiting for this to pass, then the coming of my next period, to then start planning trying again. Think all that's going to take a while.

On the off chance have you done another test?? I have bleeding like this with DS and he is currently running around my lounge like a nutter.

Advertisement

andpeggy1 Tue 07-Dec-21 06:26:57

@sho22 thank you for asking. So all Wednesday Thursday Friday I had mild cramping n on n off dark bleeding. Saturday and Sunday it stopped completely, but my boobs are still really sore n swollen. Yesterday the bleeding returned again but with the worse cramps I've ever experienced ever. I thought I'd gotten over the cramps n bleeding and I was ready to move on but I guess not. I'm still really sad about it all, but I guess these things if they arnt right happen for a reason. I'm just finding the waiting for this to pass, then the coming of my next period, to then start planning trying again. Think all that's going to take a while.

sho22 Mon 06-Dec-21 20:51:52

@andpeggy1

How are you doing? X

GingerbreadTM Fri 03-Dec-21 18:54:45

andpeggy1

Sorry for the silence, no less than 6hours after I took that test I've started bleeding on and off quite dark fresh blood. I called the doctors and all I can do is just monitor it and make sure I don't get any other symptoms with it like dizziness or pain in my sides.

I've never felt such happiness and such sadness all in the same day

@andpeggy1 oh no I hope you're ok?
I'm only getting a chance to catch up on here.

How are you today?xx

Goofbawl Thu 02-Dec-21 22:40:50

Oh @andpeggy1 so sorry to read that. Take it easy and be kind to yourself x

andpeggy1 Thu 02-Dec-21 11:19:06

Sorry for the silence, no less than 6hours after I took that test I've started bleeding on and off quite dark fresh blood. I called the doctors and all I can do is just monitor it and make sure I don't get any other symptoms with it like dizziness or pain in my sides.

I've never felt such happiness and such sadness all in the same day

JMPB Wed 01-Dec-21 18:41:24

Congratulations xx

Candycotton Wed 01-Dec-21 09:56:45

congrats OP, I could see a very faint line in the first picture you put up but no denying that last one!

WhatTheEll Wed 01-Dec-21 09:37:34

@andpeggy1 congrats!!!! That's very very very positive!! Eeeek 🥳♥️

sho22 Wed 01-Dec-21 08:49:47

@andpeggy1

Good, strong positive there! Congratulations!🥳🥳🥳🥳

andpeggy1 Wed 01-Dec-21 06:25:33

Omg I'm genuinly shocked!

andpeggy1 Tue 30-Nov-21 10:51:55

I've not retested this morning mainly cause I don't have any tests in the house to do it, but will buy a first response/clear blue test today n test tomorrow morning first thing. If it comes up negative again then I need to call the docs cause this whole situation just doesn't feel right!

I keep having random spotting n the softer cramps have subsided. Boobs still feel a bit sore and no sign of Aunt Flo ramping down. So I'm such in limbo and it's really playing with my head

JMPB Tue 30-Nov-21 08:59:43

That’s defs a line!
Congrats lovely xx

WhatTheEll Mon 29-Nov-21 22:32:09

Definitely a line!! These tests are not very sensitive AT ALL. Retest tomorrow 🤞🏻

GingerbreadTM Mon 29-Nov-21 21:33:25

andpeggy1

Retook think morning but I think that very faint line is actually an evap line rather than a faint positive

I see a line 😆😆😆
Oh @andpeggy1 i am keeping all crossed for you 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

How are you feeling??xx

Goofbawl Mon 29-Nov-21 20:16:16

I see a line!!!

sho22 Mon 29-Nov-21 18:13:56

@andpeggy1

Try get a first response, or even a clear blue. I've just got a positive on a clear blue but the strip ones like the ones your using are barely showing a line for me

sho22 Mon 29-Nov-21 18:13:13

@andpeggy1

That definitely looks positive to me. I could actually see a smidge of a line on the very first picture too!

andpeggy1 Mon 29-Nov-21 16:36:02

@Oopsie123 I'm so sorry apologies for assuming your status. If you are happy with your end result then all good. I'd love to think it's positive but realistically if it was for now many dpo it is now it should be a much much stronger line.

Oopsie123 Mon 29-Nov-21 16:32:55

@andpeggy1 I'm okay with it, I wasn't trying so I was happy either way - I'm also single! Thank you though 😊

That test looks positive to me! xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in