Is this a positive OPK?

(12 Posts)
ttcbabyk Mon 22-Nov-21 16:04:15

Hello,

Is this a positive OPK?
If yes, was I meant to have dtd yesterday to have a good chance this cycle or can I still do it today?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
CrumchyLeafs Mon 22-Nov-21 17:11:51

Yes! If you DTD today you are still good, since ovulation occurs 12-24 hours after you get a positive test.

ajayelbee Mon 22-Nov-21 17:13:20

Hi @ttcbabyk

I use an app called Femometer with recognition to read my OPKs. You take a photo of the stick through the app and it reads it for you. I think there are a couple of other apps that do the same thing.

I’ve attached my peak one this cycle if you want to compare. I had one the day before this one a bit like yours with a think dark line, then used FMU the next day and got my thick dark line!

Even if that is your peak, I would say DTD today and tomorrow and you still might have a good chance!

Good luck!

hanma90 Thu 25-Nov-21 17:40:47

Hi ladies
So strange thing but I've got my positive only 3 days away from AF !?!? Is this normal, this is my first time using these strips and I'm so confused!

ttcbabyk Thu 25-Nov-21 21:24:06

hanma90

Hi ladies
So strange thing but I've got my positive only 3 days away from AF !?!? Is this normal, this is my first time using these strips and I'm so confused!

I usually get positive/high OPK readings before AF arrives.

A lot of women have claimed to have positive/high OPK readings when AF is due and then they've done a pregnancy test and it's been positive as the OPK sometimes picks up the pregnancy hormone.

Have you done a pregnancy test?x

hanma90 Thu 25-Nov-21 21:45:59

@ttcbabyk no I haven't done a pregnancy test because had mixed reviews about the tests. Ive never been pregnant and I've not used these test before so as you can imagine I'm nervous and excited but trying not to get my hopes up or set myself up for disappointment so I'm sooo reluctant to do a test. Needed someone to talk to about it , hoping someone else would of been through the same recently xx

ttcbabyk Fri 26-Nov-21 00:53:15

hanma90

*@ttcbabyk* no I haven't done a pregnancy test because had mixed reviews about the tests. Ive never been pregnant and I've not used these test before so as you can imagine I'm nervous and excited but trying not to get my hopes up or set myself up for disappointment so I'm sooo reluctant to do a test. Needed someone to talk to about it , hoping someone else would of been through the same recently xx

I'd say wait until AF is due then if she hasn't arrived do a pregnancy test x

Advertisement

ttcbabyk Fri 26-Nov-21 00:53:43

@hanma90 Good luck and sending you lots of baby dust xx

hanma90 Fri 26-Nov-21 16:56:24

@ttcbabyk can I just ask did your ovulation test stay positive for all days leading to AF ... I had those tests I shared on here and today's test is that tiny bit lighter than those? Still not pregnancy tested because it's no longer as dark , what are your thoughts ? Nice to talk to someone and not talk my boyfriend's ear off asking him who obviously has no idea lol

hanma90 Fri 26-Nov-21 16:57:55

Another strange thing is I usually have really and cramps before period , I've not and anything at all especially as painful as I normally get them, just like little niggles this time only noticeable if I'm looking out for it or trying to notice them if that makes sense x

Kaw10 Fri 26-Nov-21 18:10:25

@hanma90 no one can tell you if your positive OPK test actually means you are pregnant. Please nip out and get a proper pregnancy test, then you won't be wondering anymore!

Coco3000 Tue 30-Nov-21 18:10:24

Hi, I hope it’s okay to post on this one. I had a faint positive test on the 28th in the morning and then took another in the evening which was darker. I’ve taken a few and had mixed results, my digital clear blue came back negative but my normal clear blue a strong positive. My hcg levels are low but they could see the start of a sac. Does anyone know what this could mean as I’ve now been told I’m not pregnancy but still getting positive tests.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in