Page 5 | Anyone else ttc #2? Thread 2

(333 Posts)
Chanel05 Mon 22-Nov-21 09:51:39

New thread ladies!

OP’s posts: |
girafferafferaffe Sun 05-Dec-21 16:21:35

Can't wait for AF to go so we can crack on!

Nobody knows we are ttc except one of my closest friends. We had a difficult time with dd and my h used to say we probably wouldn't have another when people asked but I always said maybe. I think if we manage it everyone will be so shocked. I also feel like it will be entirely different to our experience with dd which was a complete shock to the system. It feels like a little secret we've both got together which is quite nice.

Tjsmjs Sun 05-Dec-21 19:48:10

@Moonshine160 Hopefully the extra EWCM will help things for you.

@ExPatHereForAChat I never normally test after my peak, this is the first month I’ve done it so I’m surprised that it was still positive after day 3. I ended up doing a bit of reading earlier and it seems that some people can have a very short surge and others longer so it may be that your surge is short and sharp. Not sure if this is usual for me or a one off longer surge. We are DTD every day until 1 day after the surge goes but it is getting hard to keep it spontaneous and not just a chore if you see what I mean.

@girafferafferaffe I always finding the waiting for AF to be the hardest part. I hadn’t told anyone we are trying but I suspect my sister knows. My friend told me they are trying for their first the other day so I told her but that it to who I’ve actually told.

girafferafferaffe Sun 05-Dec-21 20:34:01

@Tjsmjs I hope we are lucky this time 🤞🏼 if we do manage to conceive we won't be telling anyone until after 12 weeks because of some shitty behaviour on both sides of our family.

kitchen456 Mon 06-Dec-21 09:40:59

Hi @Moonshine160, I did a test because of my lack of period pains that I usually get on the lead up. I also had really sore boobs, worse than normal. I was extremely irritable and angry for no reason confused

Unfortunately I’ve had cramps and bleeding since yesterday afternoon so it’s probably a really early loss / chemical. Feeling really sad but it wasn’t meant to be this month x

RockingGazelle Mon 06-Dec-21 10:48:00

Sorry to hear that @kitchen456. Take it easy.

Only one friend knows we are ttc as well. Although my mum asks me about nearly everything time we speak - "have you thought about another?!" Drives me mad!

Just waiting for AF here. Due any time between yesterday (according to me) and Thursday according to Ovia. But I have been late a few times recently so it may well be closer to Thursday. Wondering if the covid jabs ( plus I've just had my booster this month) have affected it.

ExPatHereForAChat Mon 06-Dec-21 13:10:13

Oh @kitchen456 I'm so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourselfflowers

Advertisement

Katie2021 Mon 06-Dec-21 13:36:21

Please can I join 💗 I had a chemical pregnancy last month (had positives that turned into faded negitives then nothing) so think I ovulated late this month going off EWCM and I’m late 6 days late on this months so far! I had spotting a few days ago! (Never had spotting before) it was 2 dots about the size of a finger print, and was pale pink but nothing since! Tested BFN this morning, it’s so disheartening isn’t it, I just don’t have a clue where I’m at with this now Xx

ExPatHereForAChat Mon 06-Dec-21 16:27:27

@Katie2021 Hi! Are you 6 days late for AF with a BFN? That would do my head in! This whole TTC thing can be so difficult sometimes.

girafferafferaffe Tue 07-Dec-21 18:01:38

Right!! Starting again today! Wish me luck!

Moonshine160 Tue 07-Dec-21 19:35:14

So sorry to hear that @kitchen456

Hi @Katie2021 sounds like late ovulation doesn’t it. So frustrating though when it’s just spotting for ages then nothing!

Katie2021 Tue 07-Dec-21 20:44:41

@ExPatHereForAChat yes and I still haven’t had any signs of AF, I had very small amount of pale pink spotting 3 days ago (literally 2 dots) but nothing else since then, still no AF and still getting BFN confused so strange! I’m
Constantly googling to find something similar haha but I think all I can do is wait and see when AF turns up xx

@Moonshine160 yes I’m hoping so! I think that would make the timing of my spotting about right as it was around my period due and I would still be testing negative wouldn’t I? Well that’s the last hope for this month isn’t it haha I will just have to wait and see if AF turns up, and maybe I’ll test again at weekend if nothing after it’s been 7 days since spotting xx

Honestly all the bfn after a missed period makes your feel crazy doesn’t it! All I can do is put it down to a late ovulation, but I would love to know what’s going on inside us right now haha xx

Katie2021 Tue 07-Dec-21 20:53:42

kitchen456

Hi *@Moonshine160*, I did a test because of my lack of period pains that I usually get on the lead up. I also had really sore boobs, worse than normal. I was extremely irritable and angry for no reason confused

Unfortunately I’ve had cramps and bleeding since yesterday afternoon so it’s probably a really early loss / chemical. Feeling really sad but it wasn’t meant to be this month x

Aww I’m so sorry for your loss this was what happened to me last month! So so hearbeaking! And upsetting Xx But a chemical pregnancy shows you can get pregnant though! So it’s a good sign for future pregnancy’s even though that doesn’t make it any easier 💗 and i read it can make you extra fertile the next month so keep trying, although I do think I may have ovulated later this month because of it! So best to track your ovulation this cycle if you don’t already to make sure you get the dates right! xxx

GreenFlipFlop Tue 07-Dec-21 22:26:25

Sorry to hear @kitchen456 Hope you're doing ok ❤️ x

Goodgoodthings Thu 09-Dec-21 18:00:57

Hi everyone, just catching up. How is everyone doing? @Katie2021 are you still in limbo? Sorry, this whole thing can be so rubbish. I remember trying for DD1 I happened to me so often and I was so down during that time. We gave up in the end for a break and fell that next month!

Good luck to everyone in a new cycle, hoping we all get a bit of Christmas magic in our lives.

I finally ovulated last week after quite a few days of strong lines on OPKs. DTD as much as possible so we'll see! At least this TWW is a little easier with work being so busy coming up to Christmas and loads going on in general. Going to wait until Tuesday to test if I can! Have given my stash of tests to DH to hide until then as I have no self control.

girafferafferaffe Thu 09-Dec-21 18:09:40

Finished AF 2 days ago so we are fully starting again now

Moonshine160 Thu 09-Dec-21 20:06:17

Hi everyone. I’m currently in the TWW at 3DPO, period due on the 21st. Would be so amazing to have a Christmas BFP but I’m trying not to get my hopes up.

Chanel05 Thu 09-Dec-21 20:13:50

How is everyone doing?

My AF came 9 days early on only cd22 which has never happened to me before. Now on CD3 and looking at fertile week of just before and at Christmas, which was when my dd was conceived 😂. September could be an expensive month if it happened this time.

Abandoned the last cycle due to a bereavement (maybe that's why I came on so early? Stress?) and so although that was cycle 3, we'd only dtd once, so I'm going to say that I'm actually on cycle 3 now.

OP’s posts: |
girafferafferaffe Thu 09-Dec-21 20:25:57

Oh wow 9 days early is early! Could definitely be stress. I hope you're alright.

My fertile period apparently starts on the 13th so we shall see where we get this month

Tjsmjs Fri 10-Dec-21 20:26:18

@Chanel05 that does sound like stress had a role. Hopefully this will be your cycle

I’m somewhere between 4 days and 6 days post ovulation depending on whether I go with my bbt or OPKs. I’m dying test- this cycles feels more pressured. I think it is the first for a couple of months where OH has been home for my whole fertile window and I haven’t had night shifts messing with my body. I think I will find a negative this month harder than usual because of this and with it Christmas. Need to manage my expectations a bit I think.

whatsthecraic91 Fri 10-Dec-21 20:30:44

Hello ladies just dropping in! Hope you are all keeping well & as always baby dust to you!! We found out today we are having a girl!! I can't believe our luck! x

GreenFlipFlop Fri 10-Dec-21 20:52:44

@whatsthecraic91 How exciting!!! 😍Congratulations!! How are you feeling?

girafferafferaffe Fri 10-Dec-21 21:10:36

Tjsmjs

*@Chanel05* that does sound like stress had a role. Hopefully this will be your cycle

I’m somewhere between 4 days and 6 days post ovulation depending on whether I go with my bbt or OPKs. I’m dying test- this cycles feels more pressured. I think it is the first for a couple of months where OH has been home for my whole fertile window and I haven’t had night shifts messing with my body. I think I will find a negative this month harder than usual because of this and with it Christmas. Need to manage my expectations a bit I think.

That must be really hard. I hope that you get your positive. For me, I'm trying to concentrate on how lovely Christmas will be this year and januarys always a bit shit so it'd brighten that up if I got a positive then smile if I get a positive this month I'll be over the moon though obviously!

RockingGazelle Fri 10-Dec-21 21:44:41

Hi all. My AF was 3 days late and I started to get quite hopeful which was ridiculous because I knew I had missed FW this month.
Am coming to the end of AF now, ready to start again.....

Lovely news @whatsthecraic91. Congratulations!!

Good luck to all trying over Xmas xx

Mim21 Sat 11-Dec-21 18:04:59

Lovely news @whatsthecraic91 🥰

Good luck for the next cycle @RockingGazelle

whatsthecraic91 Sat 11-Dec-21 18:50:36

@GreenFlipFlop thank you! Feeling good at the minute. But DS being very testing this week, he won't leave me alone 😅 back to work in 3 weeks and dreading it ☹️ x

@RockingGazelle & @Mim21 thank you both x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in