7 days of brown spotting

(10 Posts)
Mozzie123 Tue 16-Nov-21 21:42:19

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve been ttc for 4 cycles now and my body is wreaking havoc with me this cycle. On CD11 (one day before when I’m sure I ovulated -positive opk day11 and sharp pain on right side on CD12) I began brown spotting. I’ve been spotting brown ever since, and currently should be 6dpo. Last night I went to bed with what felt like AF cramps and quickly built to a severe cramp on the left side, it kept me awake for awhile but finally got to sleep. Woke up to more brown spotting and cramp has now gone.

I don’t know why, on a whim I took an opk test this morning which again was positive. I thought maybe the cramp was ovulation again- and I’d rule that out with a test :/ What the hell is going on??

OP’s posts: |
Mozzie123 Tue 16-Nov-21 23:59:36

Ok so never mind. Just took a pregnancy test and it’s a strong BFP! I literally can’t even work out what’s going on right now!

Bumblenums1234 Wed 17-Nov-21 07:55:42

Brown spotting is quite usual in early pregnancy, it's just your body getting rid of old blood.

Congratulations on your BFP!!! flowers

hanma90 Thu 25-Nov-21 17:47:22

Hi
I've been getting positive opk but only 3 days roughly till AF is this normal? I've read possibly then detect pregnancy ? First time using these strips! Help !!!! So nervous of the outcome !

kirinm Thu 25-Nov-21 19:24:20

hanma90

Hi
I've been getting positive opk but only 3 days roughly till AF is this normal? I've read possibly then detect pregnancy ? First time using these strips! Help !!!! So nervous of the outcome !

Nobody can tell you anything other than take a pregnancy test. You've posted on multiple threads now.

hanma90 Thu 25-Nov-21 19:38:43

@kirinm thanks yes I am aware I've done this, as I'm nervous and scared , never been pregnant or ever used tests. Just wanted advice and thought multiple views is better than one , no harm asking

Daisysandviolets Thu 25-Nov-21 19:48:14

@hanma90 I have seen this happen before but as PP as said the only way to know is to take a pregnancy test. If it's before AF is due take a FRER as any other test will only cause you more torment as you'll be trying to figure out if it's a line as it will be faint! Good luck xx

Advertisement

hanma90 Thu 25-Nov-21 19:51:45

@Daisysandviolets thank you, looks like it's time to get a test ... eeekkk (biting nails down to the bone) lol ... I've never been pregnant before or even used these test and now my mind is on overdrive.... thank you for you kind response x

Mozzie123 Thu 25-Nov-21 22:41:53

Hmm ok, well despite the weird hijacking of this thread, as a follow up I’m now entering over 2 weeks of brown spotting/bleeding. Turns out its a miscarriage.

hanma90 Fri 26-Nov-21 08:10:32

I can only but apologise for posting on the thread , I'm very new to all this and thought everyone was hoping for the same thing. @Mozzie123 very sorry

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in