Page 10 | Ttc after miscarriage ๐Ÿคž๐ŸŒˆโœจ

(988 Posts)
Skl2021 Mon 08-Nov-21 11:11:54

Just a thread for any ladies ttc after a miscarriage! Nice to get some support from people going through the same thing. So I had a MMC at ten weeks nearly three weeks ago now. I'm still getting faint positive on tests. My ovulation tests are still all over the place possibly due to the HCG still being in my system. So not totally accurate right now. So I'm currently stuck in limbo land either waiting for ovulation or my period ๐Ÿค” any ladies want to join the journey?!?!

OPโ€™s posts: |
Skl2021 Wed 08-Dec-21 10:42:40

Hey ladies! So I'm cd 14 now and no signs of ovulation. Did anyone elses ovulation change? Or come later after miscarriage. I'm so scared im not going to ovulate this month ๐Ÿ˜ฉ xx

LittleMysSister Wed 08-Dec-21 10:43:49

Hopingforarainbow27

Has anyone heard or tried ferti-lilly?

I haven't tried it but have heard of it, and I've tried inserting my menstrual cup after DTD, which I guess is similar. I did conceive the first month I tried that but it ended in a chemical sadly.

chasingtherainbow1 Wed 08-Dec-21 12:10:53

Hi guys, I just sort of watch this board for comfort and don't say too much. I've been having nk cells tests and have my last biopsy this Friday and we can start TTC again after a chemical in March and a mmc in June.

@Skl2021 in terms of ovulation, since June mine has fluctuated between around CD14 and CD20. I'm not sure if I've always been like this as I got pregnant twice in a row straight after coming off the pill. Have you been doing opk's? My usual signs that ovulation has occurred is tender boobs straight after ovulation but in 5dpo now and still don't feel too bad just very slight tenderness. I guess ovulation symptoms can change from month to month. Also with my pregnancies, I didn't have any ovulation symptoms at all! Just keep going!

Skl2021 Wed 08-Dec-21 12:14:47

@chasingtherainbow1 sorry to hear that I hope your results go ok and u can start trying again! Yes I'm using opks and there still very faint I usually get ewcm for a good few days before and iv got nothing yet ๐Ÿ˜ฉ the waiting is killing me guess I will just have to keep testing. X

chasingtherainbow1 Wed 08-Dec-21 13:02:41

@Skl2021 thank you, it's been a horrible 2 months of not trying whilst having the tests but looking forward to a new start this new year!

Hmm have you been drinking a lot of water? Sometime hydration can effect ewcm. What CD do you usually get a positive opk? Sometimes they turn positive suddenly when the previous day didn't look anywhere near positive. Mine was a bit like that this month

Skl2021 Wed 08-Dec-21 13:16:15

@chasingtherainbow1 yes new start new year great mentality! No haven't probably drunk as much as I should and I have a terrible cold and temperature ATM would happen when I'm due to ovulate ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. When I fell pregnant I got positive opk on cd 14 but every other month it has been later like after cd 20 and it's never the same either! So just have to wait it out and see when it arrives ๐Ÿคฆ yes that's what I was worried about it turning positive straight away. Haven't DTD for a few days now so hoping it's not yet! X

Advertisement

claremc1983 Wed 08-Dec-21 16:05:19

@Skl2021 how long are your cycles normally? I think I ovulate quite early on a 24-28 day cycle. Often just after AF. Try not to stress-easier said than done I know x

Skl2021 Wed 08-Dec-21 16:12:54

@claremc1983 they have been allover the place since ttc. I had some as long as 50 days. Think they settled around 30-35. But ovulation was usually more after 20 days. I have just taken another opk and it's got quite a strong line not positive yet but compared to yesterday stark white no line it's a big jump ๐Ÿคฆ best start DTD ๐Ÿ™ˆ incase it's in the next few days! Yes I think the stress doesn't help I have been stressing all week about it!! X

claremc1983 Wed 08-Dec-21 16:13:02

@arianasky it's so hard for partners as well..my DH struggled in the first week or so but he's back at work now. Says he doesn't like to think about it otherwise he gets too upset. Where as I'm the opposite and obsess over it...I'm ok. Have good and bad days. I'm just over 3 weeks since my MMC..x

claremc1983 Wed 08-Dec-21 16:18:38

So I tested again this morning. 3 weeks 2 days since my medical management and at first the test looked negative. Then checked it outside the time scale and there's the faintest of faint lines. Argh these tests are driving me nuts x

Skl2021 Wed 08-Dec-21 16:36:06

@claremc1983 I didn't get a negative until I had my period ๐Ÿ˜ฉ always had faint lines. Hopefully yours will be negative soon ๐Ÿคž x

claremc1983 Wed 08-Dec-21 18:17:06

@Skl2021 ahh really?? That's interesting..thanks! Made me feel a bit better x

Skl2021 Wed 08-Dec-21 18:21:02

@claremc1983 epu told me to ring back after 3 weeks if positive which it was but I didn't ring back as I thought it was so faint. As long as there's no pains or weird discharge or smells as that would indicate infection I just thought I would be ok. Obviously if it was still there after period I would of rang them. X

claremc1983 Wed 08-Dec-21 19:26:48

@Skl2021 yeah that's what they told me. We go on holiday ( I hope!) tomorrow. Hoping period will be arriving in about 2 weeks, after we get back, if I ovulated at the beginning of the week, it should theoretically turn up after out hol. If positive after hol will call then x

JuniperAndTonic Wed 08-Dec-21 19:29:59

Just checking in, not much to report here, cycle day 8 so just waiting for fertile week. Re read my clear blue ovulation tests, for a 28 day cycle they say to start on day 11 so still a few days to go! Got kids of cheap strips though so can always use those if I feel the urge!

Hope you get a proper negative test soon @claremc1983! Mine was negative after 2 weeks but I was only 6+2 when the miscarriage started and my HCG was only 100 when they confirmed it in EPAU so I guess it depends how far along you were and how high the levels were! Definitely contact them if you feel unwell in any way though!

And I hope you ovulate soon @Skl2021 ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป Try not to stress about, definitely wonโ€™t help, your body knows what itโ€™s doing and it will come!

Skl2021 Wed 08-Dec-21 19:37:39

@claremc1983 ohh enjoy your holiday ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ–๏ธ
@JuniperAndTonic I'm flying through the cheap opks ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™ˆ can't help myself I'm addicted to peeing on sticks ๐Ÿคฃ I wish I could relax ๐Ÿ™ˆ just want it here and over with ๐Ÿคž

JuniperAndTonic Wed 08-Dec-21 19:44:03

@Skl2021 haha, I got like that before when we first started TTC. It was all I could think about and just peeing on sticks all the time! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ The only thing is, after ovulation comes the two week wait which I hate!! Iโ€™m jsut so impatient and want to know straight away so waiting two weeks to know if it worked kills me! ๐Ÿ˜‚ at least Iโ€™ll be distracted with Christmas during the TWW this month!

Hello47 Wed 08-Dec-21 20:06:55

Hi,

I hope you donโ€™t mind if I join. So sorry for everyone loses here flowers xx

I had a MMC of twins at 10 weeks and surgical management almost 3 weeks ago. Iโ€™ve been testing my hcg and it still brings a faint result, itโ€™s driving me mad. Iโ€™m suppose to call EPU Friday if positive. Has anyone else struggled with this? I just feel I canโ€™t move on and Iโ€™m desperate to ttc again. I just keeping thinking itโ€™s going to be retained products and itโ€™s all going to get so drawn out ๐Ÿ˜ข

Skl2021 Wed 08-Dec-21 20:08:47

@JuniperAndTonic oh yes the dreaded tww! I will probably be testing from 4dpo ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฃ can't help myself!! I'm also impatient want that bfp already ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™Œ I think I need to do some Christmas things to distract me too! X

Skl2021 Wed 08-Dec-21 20:12:55

@Hello47 sorry for your losses. I also had a miscarriage at ten weeks and I tested positive until after my first period. However it was very faint! If your unsure I would ring epu back and maybe they will reasurre you. Some people just take longer to get the HCG out of your system. X

MadamMaltesers Thu 09-Dec-21 05:18:16

Hi all

I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks nearly a month ago. Ended up having a d&c. It is my third miscarriage my others were at 7wks and 20wks. This is the first time I've had a d&c and was just wondering how long it takes for periods to return?

claremc1983 Thu 09-Dec-21 06:14:10

@Hello47 so sorry for your losses. Welcome to the board. I'm in the same predicament still testing v faintly positive over 3 weeks since my MC. DTD twice since and now panicking I'm gonna get an infection! X

claremc1983 Thu 09-Dec-21 06:14:45

@Skl2021 thanks!!! Need some sun ( and wine!) x

Skl2021 Fri 10-Dec-21 17:26:11

@JuniperAndTonic how's the testing going ๐Ÿ‘€ Im cd 16 and finally got a peak reading ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ™Œ so I can relax a little now!
@claremc1983 hope u managed to get away! ๐Ÿ–๏ธ

Hope everyone is doing ok โœจ

claremc1983 Fri 10-Dec-21 18:56:25

@Skl2021 we did! The sun is shining and having a glass of cava as I type! The change of scenery is really helping x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in