Page 7 | TTC after MC - October 2021 thread 20

(171 Posts)
OneDay86 Thu 14-Oct-21 23:10:00

Hi all, just noticed that we had reached our limit on the last thread so here we are now on thread 20! Have to admit I’m very new to this thread still so please tag anyone I’ve missed…

@SLCxxx
@justwant2beamum
@Canadadarling
@Marvellouslymadmum
@SamBass
@bubblybrit
@elsimo
@Loulou237
@Fingerscrossedfor2021HK
@susiebluebell
@Mamat90
@Lollipop25
@TheDaydreamBelievers
@bez91
@susiebluebell
@loz2467
@coconutlatte44
@Sarah0409
@Unarosaes
@Wishingfornumber2
@hewegoagain
@chasingtherainbow1
@RosieRainbow1986
@re6ecca
@Fishbaby
@PolarBear63
@weathervane123
@Onebabyandamadcat
@pureofmind
@davidrosejumper
@Elciekay
@Fern346
@Beleeve
@ChangeHtotheP
@Hopefull1981
@Twinkles18
@Anotherboy
@Elsie2021
@Quinn26
@broodymamma
@Capricorn8990
@CeebeeUS5
@LauraLivs1986

Not started a new thread before so I’ve just gone back through thread 19 and tried to tag everyone whose posted. Apologies if I’ve ended up tagging anyone though that no longer wants to follow the thread. I’m sure there’s been quite a few bfps. Here’s hoping for many more on here too🤞

OP’s posts: |
re6ecca Fri 03-Dec-21 20:11:18

Well... lovely update over here... I have a period! I never imagined the day I'd be pleased about one of these but here we are. cd60 it finally came.

Treesaa Sun 05-Dec-21 17:50:35

@Mmeow
I understand your frustration flowers. I don't know much about what you described so not sure what to suggest. The way I was warned not to get pregnant when I was younger....I thought that if a man even sneezed near a woman she would get pregnant. Never knew that so much effort is needed to get pregnant and carry it to term. I've been away for a bit, AF came for me after some very promising symptoms and I unraveled...spent days curled up in bed. I've decided to stop actively TTCing...will just enjoy sex and if it happens, it happens. I've thrown away my OPK sticks and stopped looking at the memory box the hospital gave me when I miscarried. I'm still taking pregnacare but that's as far as I'll go now.

SLCxxx Wed 22-Dec-21 21:55:19

Hi ladies, it’s been a long time since anyone posted, how is d edginess doing? Anyone close to testing yet?? Hope your all well 😊

SLCxxx Wed 22-Dec-21 21:55:55

*how is everyone doing?

re6ecca Wed 22-Dec-21 22:33:01

Hey! Not too bad. Starting letrozole soon so a bit nervous bur fingers crossed. Having a break for a few months as off to Australia on honeymoon next July/August. No Christmas miracle here
Hows you?

Elciekay Tue 28-Dec-21 17:52:13

Well I had a bfp on 20th Nov, went for private scan on 20th Dec but there was no heartbeat or fetal pole.
GP referred me to EPAU who scanned me on 22nd Dec and said to come back tomorrow to see if any chance or plan next step.
This time has broken me. First mmc in August this year and I naively thought this time would be fine.
I'm not sure I can go through it all again.

Advertisement

Rtmhwales Tue 28-Dec-21 18:05:08

Elciekay

Well I had a bfp on 20th Nov, went for private scan on 20th Dec but there was no heartbeat or fetal pole.
GP referred me to EPAU who scanned me on 22nd Dec and said to come back tomorrow to see if any chance or plan next step.
This time has broken me. First mmc in August this year and I naively thought this time would be fine.
I'm not sure I can go through it all again.

So sad for you. I feel your pain. I had MMC in December 2020, chemical in august 2021, positive in September and baby gone by November. I didn't think I could do it again but here we are trying again.

I'm asking my doctor to send us for karotyping for chromosome translocations because I feel there's something wrong versus bad luck but who knows. Has yours suggested anything? It's incredibly disheartening isn't it?

SLCxxx Wed 29-Dec-21 06:40:10

Oh @Elciekay I’m so sorry xx

Elciekay Wed 29-Dec-21 10:09:05

I'm going to start Coq10 in the new year and try to lose some weight to see if either help. I've been told until you have 3 mc they don't investigate?

Sat in EPAU now and hate myself for still having a glimmer of hope that I messed up my dates and that you can get a bfp immediately after xonception. The rational side of me knows that I'm being ridiculous.

Treesaa Wed 29-Dec-21 16:40:43

@Elciekay

Just saw your posts and my heart broke for you. I am so sorry to hear this. How are you? How is it going/ how did it go at EPAU?

Elciekay Wed 29-Dec-21 19:12:24

@Treesaa well we are still stuck in limbo. The gestational sac has shrunk since last week but they have seen what they think are two yolks on today's scan which they didn't see last week. So they won't call miscarriage yet legally and we have to go back for another scan next week.

I think I cried myself out last week but my DP is angry. Not at me just the situation.

@Rtmhwales how did you know to ask about that testing? I feel like I'm so lost in all of this.

Rtmhwales Wed 29-Dec-21 19:27:08

@Elciekay

That's so frustrating! I'll cross my fingers and toes for you. Two would indicate twins if I'm not mistaken?

I learned about the testing by copious amounts of googling studies on recurrent miscarriages and the causes and what they can test for. I read clinical studies of a lot of things professionally so it wasn't a hardship to read about this since it affected my actual life.

I've asked my primary care physician to refer me for genetic testing and counseling and more specifically karotyping. Still waiting on that as the waitlist with Covid is ages. But it's a step (and I have the worst gut feeling it's what our issue is).

Treesaa Wed 29-Dec-21 19:43:21

Ah yes I was about to say twins too. So if they are seeing the yolks then there is hope? I'm keeping everything crossed for you xx

Elciekay Thu 06-Jan-22 13:50:09

Went forna 3rd scan at EPAU yesterday and they confirmed miscarriage. Having mva under GA tomorrow. I'm heartbroken but glad they got me in this week.

Going to read up more on COQ10 and aspirin. Love to all x

Treesaa Sat 08-Jan-22 23:01:45

@Elciekay

I am so sorry Elcie. flowersflowers. I'm thinking of you and hope you are getting plenty of support at home.

Treesaa Sat 08-Jan-22 23:02:28

How did the procedure go? How are you? Xx

re6ecca Sun 09-Jan-22 01:56:12

Hope you are feeling okay @Elciekay
This thread is awfully quiet these days where has everyone gone?

re6ecca Sun 09-Jan-22 01:56:28

It was thriving back when I joined in March 2020

Elciekay Sun 09-Jan-22 13:35:27

@Treesaa the procedure went well thank you for asking
Being under GA was a dream compared to being awake last August!

Only issue is that they are concerned it was a molar pregnancy. So obviously I googled and have now terrified myself. I don't want to have to wait over 6 months to try again!

How is everyone else's journeys?

Elciekay Sun 09-Jan-22 13:36:48

@re6ecca it's quiet since I joined in 21! Maybe many had their 🌈?

re6ecca Sun 09-Jan-22 14:16:16

I think so @Elciekay!
I think I must be one of the only ones left from early 2020 who hasn't had a rainbow

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in