Plantation bleeding??

(3 Posts)
Mommabear20 Thu 14-Oct-21 16:23:17

Basically, my DS was born at the beginning of August and I got my periods back pretty quick, I was due my period last week but it never came, I know they can be kinda weird at first after birth so wasn't worried, I got what I think is my period 3 days ago but it's soooo light and has practically stopped already, I usually get a flow twice what this is, and it lasts 6 days, so this is unusual. I've had a period since the birth which was perfectly normal for me. My friend made a jokey comment about it being implantation bleeding and now I'm freaking out! I never had any with either of my kids so I don't know how much or when it usually happens. Help please!
I will be going to get a pregnancy test tomorrow to put my mind at rest but I need a little reassurance please!

OP’s posts: |
Squiff70 Thu 14-Oct-21 18:07:55

You're highly fertile in the weeks and months after having a baby. If you've had unprotected sex then it's possible you're pregnant. Only a test can confirm but if it's implantation bleeding a pregnancy may not show up on a test for several more days.

I'm sorry this isn't what you wanted to hear but I hope you get the result you want and can manage whatever the outcome!

Good luck!

Mommabear20 Thu 14-Oct-21 18:22:07

I know! I got pregnant with my son when my daughter was 3 months old! That was planned but the idea of having 3 under 2 is terrifying!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in