Test or wait?

(6 Posts)
fairgame84 Thu 14-Oct-21 14:38:12

I'm on cycle 10. AF due yesterday and we have a rule not to test until 4 days late as we've wasted so many tests over the past year. So we wouldn't test until Saturday.

I've had all the usual AF symptoms, bloating, nausea, tiredness etc. However something is different. I've been spotting pink blood, just 2 spots each day since Monday. Normally I have 1 or 2 days of spotting then AF arrives. My legs are absolutely killing me and my stomach is just a constant dull ache and I've got constant nausea (that's normal for me when AF is due).

Actually, after writing all this down I think I just need you to talk me out of going to tesco for a test while DH is at work.

OP’s posts: |
Squiff70 Thu 14-Oct-21 18:12:14

You COULD grab a test whilst DH is at work but don't you want him to be with you if it's positive? How will you feel going through that alone whether it's positive or not?

A better bet would be to have an open conversation with DH and ask if he would be with you whilst you wait for the results of a test. I'm sure he wouldn't want to be excluded either.

If you both agreed to wait until AF is 4 days late then Saturday is just over one more day away. Can you wait that long?

Best of luck!

fairgame84 Thu 14-Oct-21 18:23:14

Yes you are totally right, it's one more day, I can wait.
I'm still sure AF is coming, I just wish it would start so I can get on with dealing with the disappointment.

He's never been bothered about me testing when he's not here but we've never had a positive so there's never been anything for him to miss out on.

chocolatethunder Thu 14-Oct-21 19:19:15

🍿 🤞🏼

Squiff70 Thu 14-Oct-21 21:31:36

@fairgame84 best of luck to you both. Please do come back and update me on how you get on. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! 🤞

fairgame84 Thu 14-Oct-21 21:59:11

Thankyou.
Im not hopeful now. I really feel like AF is about to start any minute 😩
I will let you know if the outcome is anything different.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in