Sudden irregular cycle

(4 Posts)
alpacacracker Tue 04-May-21 12:20:29

I'm really lucky to have a 16 month old, although it took a while to conceive him and it followed a miscarriage. I also found out that I had a fibroid while I was pregnant, which caused some complications during labour. I've had very heavy and painful periods for many years- I now realise that the fibroid might have been why! I've tracked my cycle for a few years using an app, and both before and after being pregnant it was like clockwork- 28 days. However, last month/this month I've gone 50 days between periods! Has anyone else ever experienced this at all? I'm hoping it's a random one off and not the beginning of premature menopause or anything- I'm early-mid 30s. I wasn't able to breastfeed for very long so it's nothing to do with stopping feeding or anything like that. I'd love to have another child if possible, so trying to ascertain whether this is something I need to be concerned about! Thank you to anyone who comments.

OP’s posts: |
A1b2c3d4e5f6g7 Tue 04-May-21 15:56:57

Hello, yes I had a 43 day cycle a few months ago. It was either a late ovulation or an anovulatory cycle, but my periods are regular again after it. When I looked into it, it said it can happen occasionally, and for some people once a year. Also, there was some info that having had Covid could make cycles weird for a little bit

choccrumpet Tue 04-May-21 16:55:27

I've had shorter cycles since coming off the pill last year and then they began to average around 28/29 days for about 4 months and I was happy with that. Past 3 months including this one they've all been over 30 - 36 days long. I believe it's because I was ovulating later than normal (although I don't know if I ovulated earlier before as I didn't track it consistently) and my luteal phase pushed my period out. I've also had lots of chemicals and that could have messed with my cycle. I'm in my 3rd longer cycle atm and am hoping to shorten & regulate it using supplements and acupuncture. It's harder mentally to have longer ones so I feel your pain. I'm 28 btw, I doubt age would be an issue for you at the moment.

Have you tracked your ovulation to see if it is lengthening your cycles?

alpacacracker Tue 04-May-21 19:04:01

Thanks so much both of you! I'll see what happens next month and take it from there!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in