Talk

Advanced search

Eeekk! Positive this morning and freaking out a bit...

(8 Posts)
Baker0104 Tue 17-Nov-20 09:52:42

Freaking out slightly this morning, took a test on Saturday morning which was negative, AF due today and started having stomach cramps yesterday which I assumed was period pains and I took a couple of doses of ibuprofen over the day, then another dose this morning as the cramps were bad and I thought it was period pain. Anyway I took 2 cheapie tests this morning (not sure why...just gut feeling) and they came back positive! I don't have any spotting or bleeding, just cramps and a fair amount of clear discharge.
I just feel a bit overwhelmed, have I done damage with the ibuprofen? It's only the first month ttc and we only managed to dtd once so wasn't expecting it to work! Eeeekkkk!

OP’s posts: |
DiabeticFirstBaby Tue 17-Nov-20 09:57:41

Congratulations!! I felt exactly the same, heart was racing and i had sweaty palms, i couldn't believe when i got my positive! So exciting. I also had period like cramps and a bit of spotting that i thought was my period when it wasn't. I'm sure taking Ibuprofen hasn't done anything bad, if you didn't know you were pregnant then it's not your fault! I had some wine the weekend before i got my positive!

Baker0104 Tue 17-Nov-20 10:03:34

@DiabeticFirstBaby thank you! I just wasn't expecting it at all, it's still so early so I'm trying not to get my hopes up just yet lol. I feel like I've done all sorts this weekend that are no nos so hoping all is well! Congratulations on your positive too! How far along are you? X

ShalomToYouJackie Tue 17-Nov-20 10:15:44

Congratulations OP, no mistaking those tests that is definitely a BFP! Don't worry at all about the Ibuprofen, I was given some by my hospital at 7 weeks. If the benefit outweighs the risk then you can take it if told to in pregnancy so one or two doses won't have done any harm xx

Baker0104 Tue 17-Nov-20 10:32:45

@ShalomToYouJackie OK thank you! Just needed to have my mind put to rest a little bit lol. Can't quite believe it, it's going to take a few days to sink in I think 😊

DiabeticFirstBaby Tue 17-Nov-20 12:44:33

@Baker0104 It's such a wonderful but nervous time! I'm now 15 weeks so feels like ages ago when we first found out. will keep all fingers and toes crossed for you!

Baker0104 Tue 17-Nov-20 14:06:20

@DiabeticFirstBaby thank you so much! Worked out from my dates that I'm 4 weeks and 1 day so very early but exciting now it's sunk in a bit!

EllyNC Tue 17-Nov-20 16:53:38

Congratulations!! And don’t worry about some ibuprofen. Baby is still attached to its own little yolk sac at this point! Everytime I felt guilty about the drinks I had before I found out I was pregnant with DS I just reminded myself some people don’t find out they are pregnant for months and do all sorts!! Enjoy your wonderful news ☺️

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in