Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used these tests?

(27 Posts)
whitershadeofpale Mon 16-Nov-20 12:45:59

I was wondering if anyone had used these cheapie Amazon tests www.amazon.co.uk/your-orders/pop/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_pop?gen=canonical&lineItemId=jmpgnslroikrsoy&orderId=026-5944715-6697109&_encoding=UTF8&shipmentId=D1R0s6GDQ&packageId=1&returnSummaryId&asin=B07RH6V66B&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&returnUnitIndices&returnUnitMappingId ?

I thought I’d missed Ov and the few days before (DP was working away) this month but had some EWCM a few days later than expected and carried on DTD every other day for about about 10 days DPO.

AF is now 5 days late, I’ve had no real symptoms of anything except a slight metallic taste and I’ve felt a tiny bit sick at times (could just be hunger though) but tests keep coming up BFN. I don’t want to really keep buying lots of tests if unnecessary but wondered if anyone had had a false negative with these kinds of tests? The amazon reviews only say about false positives.

OP’s posts: |
ButterscotchBabe Mon 16-Nov-20 13:16:27

Can't see anything, it looks like you've sent a link from your orders, can you go to the product and copy the link from there?

whitershadeofpale Mon 16-Nov-20 13:34:42

Oops sorry @ButterscotchBabe it’s should work now www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07RH6V66B?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&tag=mumsnetforu03-21

whitershadeofpale Mon 16-Nov-20 13:37:06

The word thing is I posted this after poas and not really looking as I’ve done so many over the past few days and they’ve all been BFN but I’m sure I can see something on this one. It’s too feint to show in a pic I think and not getting my hopes up about anything but I might have to persevere and do another test tomorrow.

whitershadeofpale Mon 16-Nov-20 13:40:37

I’ve played with the contrast a bit here, can anyone else see anything?

Mylasmummy2102 Mon 16-Nov-20 13:42:32

Yeah used test like them got a faint pink line took a clear blue the best day and got a strong positive xxxx

ButterscotchBabe Mon 16-Nov-20 13:45:38

Yep I can see a faint line, I haven't tried those tests before but I see they measure at 25 mIU/ml in urine, which is standard. If you test now on a FRER it should definitely show as they are more sensitive x

whitershadeofpale Mon 16-Nov-20 13:53:23

I’ve just done another one but it’s BFN (but the one before was FMU and this one isn’t) if I did a FRER today is it likely to show anything or should I wait until tomorrow?

ButterscotchBabe Mon 16-Nov-20 14:25:51

@whitershadeofpale if you are pregnant, then it will definitely show on a FRER if it's already shown on a less sensitive test. If you got a twin pack you could try one today and one tomorrow morning. They are a bit pricey though, alternatively you could not drink anything for a few hours and try again with the Amazon ones x

whitershadeofpale Mon 16-Nov-20 14:33:57

Thanks @ButterscotchBabe I think I’ll go out and get a twin pack and hold the wee in for now!

ButterscotchBabe Mon 16-Nov-20 16:17:12

@whitershadeofpale good luck! 🤞

whitershadeofpale Mon 16-Nov-20 16:22:53

Thanks, the chemist didn’t have any FNER, I managed to get some which claim to be early detection but they’re only 20mlU/ ml😒 I did it when I got back but it was much the same, very faint line (tbh I had to break the case as the light bouncing off it meant you couldn’t see anything!).

I’ve ordered some first responses on prime and will test when they arrive tomorrow.

DP is very sceptical but doesn’t seem to believe me that the line isn’t usually as dark as the control line!

whitershadeofpale Mon 16-Nov-20 16:24:28

That’s great @Mylasmummy2102, your test looks far darker than mine but I guess only time will tell. I’d written this month off so won’t be too disappointed if it’s BFN but it will make me more cautious about testing.

whitershadeofpale Mon 16-Nov-20 18:00:31

Here’s all three of the tests I’ve done today. I can see a faint line on all of them but don’t want to get my hopes up.

WhenTwoBecomeThree Mon 16-Nov-20 18:01:50

That's what my 11 month old looked like with tests simular to those! Good luck!

2021hopeful Mon 16-Nov-20 19:28:14

I can see lines on all of them. smile

whitershadeofpale Mon 16-Nov-20 19:29:26

Thanks everyone, feeling quite nervous now and keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow.

ButterscotchBabe Mon 16-Nov-20 19:40:42

@whitershadeofpale there are definitely lines there, hopefully you'll get a darker line on the FRER tomorrow, keep us updated! x

whitershadeofpale Mon 16-Nov-20 19:52:06

Thanks, they’re a bit fluffy as DP threw them in the bin 😂.

whitershadeofpale Tue 17-Nov-20 11:44:37

My FRER haven’t come yet, but these are today’s tests.

Ele38 Tue 17-Nov-20 11:48:46

Deffo pregnant. Congrats x

WhenTwoBecomeThree Tue 17-Nov-20 11:56:32

Definitely positive!

whitershadeofpale Tue 17-Nov-20 12:03:06

Thanks 😃 I’m in shock!

whitershadeofpale Tue 17-Nov-20 18:41:10

I did the FRER when it arrived and I don’t think there’s any doubt 😁

lostfrequencies Tue 17-Nov-20 18:54:01

Woop congratulations!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in