Advanced search

Going Private/NHS

(2 Posts)
GummyLife Mon 16-Nov-20 09:51:12

Hello everyone

I have a question and was wondering if anybody happened to know the answer.

If OH and I decided to get fertility treatment done privately such as Semen Analysis for my OH, AMS testing for me. If the results came back with something wrong and let’s say for example I needed to be prescribed Chlomid/Progesterone.. could this be continued via NHS?


OP’s posts: |
Juno231 Mon 16-Nov-20 11:01:23

From what I gather it depends. If you're below the 6 month/1 year mark they might still not do anything - others might action it after this stage but insist on redoing the tests. The NHS doesn't value AMH tests for instance so might not do anything at all off the back of any AMH results.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in