Talk

Advanced search

Do tattoos affect conceiving?

(12 Posts)
cinnamonrollsandpsls Sat 31-Oct-20 19:18:05

Just wanting to check! Apologies if I sound stupid

Me and DP are going to start trying for our first baby nearer the end of this month (finishing my last pill pack)

And I have a tattoo booked in which does have meaning and is only little. Would take me up to a total of 4 tattoos but this won’t affect conceiving will it?

I’m going to the same person I’ve went to for my other 3 tiny ones - the place is immaculate and mine always have healed within a week

Very good aftercare advice and again anytime I was in there (pre covid) everything was thoroughly cleaned and spotless so can’t imagine how clean it must be now!

As long as like I say I go to my trusted artist as planned and don’t catch an infection it won’t affect conception will it?

Apologies for what may seem like a stupid question, getting pre TTC nerves and questioning everything and if it’ll affect us!

OP’s posts: |
MamaMoonbeam Sat 31-Oct-20 19:19:19

Er, no they won't

ParkheadParadise Sat 31-Oct-20 19:22:01

No
I have several tattoos.
I had dd2, a surprise arrival 23 years after dd1.

cinnamonrollsandpsls Sat 31-Oct-20 19:24:04

Thank you for quick responses!

I feel like I sound stupid I’m just second guessing everything and worried about doing anything that could delay the process etc

12frogsincoats Sat 31-Oct-20 19:25:38

If the tattoos are inside your vagina then possibly.

plessuregirle Sat 31-Oct-20 19:26:26

😂😂😂

Jamhandprints Sat 31-Oct-20 19:27:13

Just curious, how did you think it might affect it?

Shortfeet Sat 31-Oct-20 19:27:36

Only if you are so repulsed by your partner's tattoos that you don't want to shag them

cinnamonrollsandpsls Sat 31-Oct-20 19:30:10

@Jamhandprints I started overthinking a bit and worried if I did get a small infection (never happened before but was worrying in case it did) would it affect my immune system or the ink just before trying!

Again I’m realising I sounded a bit stupid now and that I’d probably need a horrendous infection to get so serious that it’d affect my immune system and trying

But yeah like I say it’s our first baby we’re about to start trying for and I’m analysing everything I do at the minute!

KatherineJaneway Sat 31-Oct-20 19:31:46

Shortfeet

Only if you are so repulsed by your partner's tattoos that you don't want to shag them

🤣

cinnamonrollsandpsls Sat 31-Oct-20 19:35:25

@Shortfeet this made me giggle 😂

Shortfeet Sat 31-Oct-20 20:00:20

Good luck OP !! grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in