Talk

Advanced search

BFN/BFP question

(7 Posts)
discoballs88 Fri 30-Oct-20 20:04:39

Hi everyone,

I think I'm about 9 or 10dpo and af is due on Wednesday. I did a 'cheapie' test this morning and didn't see any hint of a line at all. Is there still a chance it could be a BFP...?

This two week wait bit is so distracting and I'm so annoyed with how I'm trying to imagine that every 'symptom' means I might be pregnant hmm

Thank you in advance ladies! X

OP’s posts: |
wannabebump Fri 30-Oct-20 20:10:27

You're not out until AF shows!

CycleGirl20 Fri 30-Oct-20 20:12:35

I think the normal window for implantation is 9/10 DPO. Then you'd start producing HSG and a day or so later a BFP, so maybe 11/12 DPO on a frer. A cheapie is a lot less sensitive. Not uncommon to miss a period by quite a few days before you get a positive on a cheapie.

I will say as someone 8 months in TTC, most symptoms between ovulating and your missed period are due to a rise in progesterone rather than a certain pregnancy. Some months I find symptom spotting and testing early gives me hope, sometimes I'm better to focus on other things.

discoballs88 Fri 30-Oct-20 20:15:08

Thanks @wannabebump! smile

Thanks @CycleGirl20 - I know a lot of the symptoms are really similar, which is why I have previously been pretty good at ignoring them. This month it feels a bit different somehow. I shall wait and see! (And hopefully not drive myself mad in the process 🤣) X

OP’s posts: |
jessi60 Fri 30-Oct-20 20:18:00

I think the most common that I’ve worked out from reading a lot of forums is 12 DPO. There are some people who don’t test positive until their period is late and some who don’t get the positive until a week late. Don’t rule yourself out just yet xx

ShalomToYouJackie Fri 30-Oct-20 20:18:51

Definitely still a chance. I had BFN at 9dpo and a BFP at 13dpo. Good luck x

wannabebump Fri 30-Oct-20 22:46:46

Good luck!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in