Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else got a high chance of multiples?!

(6 Posts)
dippyegg32 Fri 30-Oct-20 17:37:42

I'm in the 2ww ttc dc3. However, there's loads of multiples both sides so who knows if I have conceived it could be twins or triplets!!

Fil is a triplet (in fact he's an identical twin within the three)
My mum is a twin
Her twin has twins
My brothers are twins

Anyone else?!

OP’s posts: |
PrimeraVez Fri 30-Oct-20 17:47:20

I thought it was only genetic on your side and not the man’s? My mum is a twin but I’ve only had singletons.

Rebeccasmoonnecklace Sat 31-Oct-20 04:21:34

Fraternal twins are hereditary, so if there are non-identical twins on your side of your family there may be an increased chance of you having non-identical twins yourself.

zigaziga Sat 31-Oct-20 06:57:41

Wow that is a lot of twins!

The twins thing puts me off trying for a third a little as I know I have conceived twins in the past (MC) and I’m not sure I could cope! But then... I’m dithering ..

ArjaD Sat 31-Oct-20 07:15:39

@dippyegg32 yup. Me! My toddler was a single, but we're trying for number two and it's always in my head. I am one half of an identical twin, so is my dad! My cousins are identical twins. My husband's cousin just gave birth in May to non-identical twin. My mum actually made a family tree once and managed to get back to about 1800. 13 sets of twins in that family tree 😳😳😳

Twilightstarbright Sat 31-Oct-20 07:39:33

Only fraternal twins are hereditary.

I have hyperovulation so release two eggs a month, as did my Mum. I'm a fraternal twin but had a single pregnancy. Gynaecologist said my chances of twins were about 1 in 4.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in