Talk

Advanced search

Not ovulating? What can I do?

(3 Posts)
WilheldivaHater Fri 30-Oct-20 16:32:11

I finally had my first long awaited period since having DS.

As DH and I are desperate to have another child we were ready to start TTC as soon as we could and haven't been using protection before my period returned.

I have taken an ovulation test every morning since the end of my period and now on day 25 of my cycle I am yet to have a positive test.

I've just used cheap tests I got from amazon.

Is there a better type of test to use?

Does this mean that I'm no longer ovulating and should give up on having another child?

Are there any ways to prompt your body to ovulate?

Thank you for any advise.

OP’s posts: |
Rachel93x Fri 30-Oct-20 16:37:11

Hey,

Sorry to hear the stress! I was also having these issues and I bought Conceive Plus Ovulation support (off of Amazon!) and they really helped me. Now I ovulate CD21 each month!

Best of luck

MintGreenLife Fri 30-Oct-20 16:50:33

@WilheldivaHater I'm TTC my first and so may be wrong (given I haven't had a child) but given that you don't ovulate for some time after giving birth/while breastfeeding, I expect even when your period does return it's probably irregular for a while, so entirely possible that you will ovulate, but it will just take a while, as it's late ovulation that causes irregular cycles. I came off the pill 7 months ago and my body takes an age to get it together and actually manage to ovulate each cycle - so far my latest was CD40 and earliest was CD25. Keep testing and I'm sure you'll get your positive OPK soon. Also it's entirely possible to completely miss your surge, have you considered charting BBT? As this is a more reliable method to confirm ovulation x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in