Talk

Advanced search

First time using an OPK can anyone help?

(8 Posts)
Toastedsesame Fri 30-Oct-20 11:52:33

I'm cd 10 today, feeling really crampy on my left side and had some EWCM with pink tinge so I decided to try an OPK, it's a Pou d shop one so nothing fancy!

There's a faint line and the test line isn't particularly dark... assuming this is negative Can anyone explain?

OP’s posts: |
Toastedsesame Fri 30-Oct-20 14:33:36

Bump!

MamaMoonbeam Fri 30-Oct-20 14:35:34

The packet will say that a test line darker than the control is positive for ovulation so this is not positive. I don't think the cheapies have much sway though 🤷🏻‍♀️

Kay00 Fri 30-Oct-20 14:39:31

@Toastedsesame this OPK is negative keep testing daily (around midday). As they start to get darker then start testing several times a day. There is no point testing 1st thing in the morning as you don't produce LH overnight, so test midday, 4pm and 10pm (ish) to catch your peak.

Toastedsesame Fri 30-Oct-20 15:58:02

Thanks guys! The packet instructions were not clear so just wanted to double check. I didn't realise that about testing later in the day, this was first thing. I'll try again tonight and see if there is any difference.

Toastedsesame Fri 30-Oct-20 16:16:40

Just took another and it's much darker! Assume this means I'm getting closer?

eloiseislost Fri 30-Oct-20 16:19:10

It is getting darker, so keep testing! Good luck!

Toastedsesame Sun 01-Nov-20 22:07:30

Reporting back on this thread! After the darker looking Opk, they have all reverted back to much lighter results again. Does this mean I've ovulated? I did get ovulation type pain for a few hours. I never got a very dark line however. It is only cd12 so perhaps my body tried and failed and will try again.

Any thoughts welcome!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in