Talk

Advanced search

Turkey Baster..?🤷‍♀️😆

(9 Posts)
raindroplets Fri 30-Oct-20 09:39:54

Hi all - sorry in advance for a bit of a cringe post..

So me and DP are currently TTC our first baby, and have been trying for 5 months now.
Unfortunately this past week, I've pulled a muscle in my lower back and it's agony to move / roll over In bed, let alone try to DTD 😖

My DP also sometimes gets a little bit nervous when it comes down to 'performing' and so I have been reading online about self insemination.

I'm ovulating today, so we tried this method this morning.
I didn't have a syringe readily available and so I just used a brand new, clean syringe that comes with the pre-seed lubricant, but it doesn't pick up the sperm very well so I'm highly doubtful that this worked. 😣

Just wondered if anybody had tried to conceive using this method.. self Insemination / turkey baster methods. 💓

OP’s posts: |
raindroplets Fri 30-Oct-20 09:53:56

Hoping I've posted this in the right section of Mumsnet 👀😂

AMS19 Fri 30-Oct-20 09:58:22

Hi, I cant personally help but I saw a thread on here not that long ago called something like "self insemination success stories" and there seemed to be loads of comments. Worth having a scroll through for that as well?

raindroplets Fri 30-Oct-20 10:04:39

@AMS19 thanks so much, I'll have a little look!
It's such a strange topic to have to approach, so thank you for replying! I felt really silly when asking this but it's really unfortunate that I've injured myself over my fertile window! If I can try something like this it's worth a shot 💓

Perfect28 Fri 30-Oct-20 10:05:52

We tried for 5 years... Finally managed to convince dh to do this. We had sex as well. Pregnant that month. 👶

raindroplets Fri 30-Oct-20 10:07:00

@Perfect28 oh amazing, huge congratulations 🥰
I'm hoping that this will work for us, too. Was there anything in particular that you had to do in order for it to work..? I've heard things such as not 'shooting' the goods up in one pump as it can damage the sperm. Xx

AMS19 Fri 30-Oct-20 10:20:18

No problem. Best of luck!!

eloiseislost Fri 30-Oct-20 10:56:13

@raindroplets There is quite a few of us trying with this method, we chat here: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/3796521-Self-insemination-Any-success-stories. 🙂

raindroplets Fri 30-Oct-20 11:40:21

@eloiseislost oh amazing thanks so much! X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in