Talk

Advanced search

Period 5 days late, negative test

(10 Posts)
kirsty0028 Fri 30-Oct-20 01:04:27

Hey all, TTC baby #1 and it's my first month trying. We started to stop not trying and planning to take it more serious next month

But now I am 5 days late for my period 🤔 I tested yesterday and it was negative but only on an internet cheapie I'm a newbie so a bit clueless. Do you think there is no hope or is it possible?

Has anybody ever experienced this and ended with a BFP? ❤️ when do people normally get their bfp am I just deluded to think I may be pregnant?

I'm having very very light cramps they're barely there but I keep noticing them they come and go. Normally I only cramp on day one of my period and it would be heavier cramping than this . No other signs.

Thanks so much girls

OP’s posts: |
latheritup Fri 30-Oct-20 01:14:22

Are you tracking ovulation and what test did you use?

You may have ovulated late and some tests are more sensitive than others. I grabbed a cheapy from Wilkos (anything pink dye is best) and I got a BFP then confirmed with a digital blue.

kirsty0028 Fri 30-Oct-20 02:26:52

Thanks for your reply!

I didn't track ovulation this month as it was the first month we decided we would try but not try if you get me and next month I Will pay better attention to ovulation etc.

The tests I used were just cheap internet strips but I was thinking anything would work as I'm late. Do you think if I ovulated late that could be what's happening and it wouldn't yet show up on these? 🤞 I didn't test today as I just feel that the negative was soooo negative yesterday. I may not even test again tomorrow I may give it a few days. Ugh it sucks I just wanna get on I'm with it if I'm not actually pregnant so I can try properly next month 🤦🏼‍♀️

latheritup Fri 30-Oct-20 11:03:13

Absolutely! If you've ovulated late then there's still a chance considering you're 5 days late.

Try and get a First Response test as they're very good and test again in a few days. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you smile

kirsty0028 Sun 01-Nov-20 15:03:59

Updating this to say that I found out I was pregnant two days later ❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰🥰

Liloulou Sun 01-Nov-20 15:12:15

Congratulations!

latheritup Sun 01-Nov-20 15:29:40

Yay! So pleased for you. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy c

kirsty0028 Sun 01-Nov-20 15:43:38

Thank you so much. I am five weeks and taking it one day at a time. Finding it a little hard to relax and not worry unnecessarily. Does any body have any tips on how to do this. I just really am wanting it all to go well ❤️

latheritup Tue 03-Nov-20 21:09:30

Take a deep breath, warm baths and lots of chocolate grin

jessi60 Tue 03-Nov-20 22:12:49

Aw wow congratulations! Did you work out how many days post ovulation you were when you got your positive? Were your periods regular beforehand?
First month aswell ! Amazing Xxx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in