Talk

Advanced search

Have a had a clear blue false positive?

(16 Posts)
Mmmmmhhhhh Sun 25-Oct-20 19:01:04

I took a clear blue how many weeks digital and its said 1-2 weeks. I then ran to the corner shop and bought two cheapies which I think are negative....is the clear blue wrong?

OP’s posts: |
Stabal Sun 25-Oct-20 19:04:58

@Mmmmmhhhhh did you use the same urine sample?

Mmmmmhhhhh Sun 25-Oct-20 19:08:47

Stabal

*@Mmmmmhhhhh* did you use the same urine sample?

@Stabal no, about 30 mins later and 2 hours later

Littlebee1990 Sun 25-Oct-20 19:16:17

Your 30 min and prob 2 hour later urine probably wouldn’t be strong enough levels of Hcg, you’re best to test with FMU. I’ve never known anyone to have a false negative digital though!

Nam095 Sun 25-Oct-20 19:34:59

I wouldn’t worry too much about the cheapies looking negative. I got a positive on a digital and a cheapie i did a few hours later was barely visible. If you have any cheapies left I’d wait a couple days and try again.

Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼

Mmmmmhhhhh Sun 25-Oct-20 19:39:08

@Nam095 I ordered another clear blue digital to take tomorrow morning

Nam095 Sun 25-Oct-20 19:51:01

Good luck! Let us know how you get on 🥰

LindaEllen Sun 25-Oct-20 20:03:32

It's much, much, much rarer to have false positives than false negatives - so in this situation I would be more inclined to trust the positive (though I too would like it confirmed by at least 30 different brands of test just to be sure ha ha).

Bouncytree Sun 25-Oct-20 20:14:01

How confusing did you! False positives Are very rare...false negatives are very common. Fingers crossed for you!!!

justanotherneighinparadise Sun 25-Oct-20 20:16:07

I can see lines on the two cheapies.

Ellovera2 Sun 25-Oct-20 20:16:54

The cheapies probably just aren't as sensitive. FRER would be a good shout?

Mmmmmhhhhh Sun 25-Oct-20 20:57:20

@Ellovera2 I am going to go into superdrug and get their sensitive one, I did read on amazon reviews a few other people have got false positives from clear blue digital

Ellovera2 Sun 25-Oct-20 21:01:41

When people get a 'false positive' it's much more likely to be a chemical pregnancy than a false positive unfortunately.
My FRER was blazing and I wasn't getting anything on a cheapie until a few days after my missed period!
I've heard the super drug cheapies are good, too.
Best of luck.

calimommy Mon 26-Oct-20 05:32:02

I would trust the digital tbh. Your urine was probably too dilute the next time. Give it a day. Also don't open the dip tests, those will dry differently to regular cheapies and it affects the result.

Mmmmmhhhhh Mon 26-Oct-20 15:35:47

@Ellovera2 @Nam095 @LindaEllen @Stabal I did another test same brand using this mornings wee and got a negative. I think I got a false positive on clear blue

Stabal Mon 26-Oct-20 17:56:07

@Mmmmmhhhhh I think the digital weeks is more sensitive than the normal digital but I could be wrong.. There really is a very very low chance of a false positive on a digital so it might be the case of a chemical unfortunately 😔 the only way to know is to test again in a few days 🤞

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in