Talk

Advanced search

7dpo bfn - stop me poas!

(5 Posts)
Alicia870 Tue 06-Oct-20 11:37:57

I know I'm far too early to get a bfp even if I was pregnant, but I couldn't help it. Of course it was bfn.
I feel so emotional this week as I lost my baby at 5 months pregnant earlier this year and part of me feels so guilty for wanting to see a positive test. And also so terrified to see it given what we've been through before.
Don't know why I'm writing this other than to get it out of my system

OP’s posts: |
Moominmiss Tue 06-Oct-20 11:57:40

I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t even begin to imagine a loss at that stage in pregnancy.

I did want to say though that I’m also 7dpo and admit to having tested (bfn) this morning 🙈

I have no advice however as I fully admit to being a serial early testing addict!

Also please don’t feel guilty for wanting to see a positive test. It’s not wrong in any way to long for a pregnancy/baby after suffering a loss. The yearning to have a baby can’t just be switched off.

Sending huge hugs xx

Alicia870 Tue 06-Oct-20 12:30:48

Aw thank you @Moominmiss I totally relate it's so hard not to constantly think about it! I think especially as this month I used opks so I'm kind of addicted to it now. When are you going to test again?
Thanks for saying that. It's a strange feeling as I feel as though I couldn't even have overwhelming joy for any future pregnancy after having such a late loss. And we found no reason for it either, so the prospect of pregnancy is scary. But I have a healthy child and just holding out hope that it's possible again. Sending lots of luck to you! Xx

Moominmiss Tue 06-Oct-20 13:04:37

I know the addiction only too well. Up until this cycle I had also been using opk’s, but this cycle switched to using the OvuSense monitor that tracks my temp for me.

I’m now on cycle 12 of ttc. I have 3 children from a previous relationship so am eternally grateful for them. But would dearly love one with my oh. I had a loss at 9 weeks in January, and then 2 earlier losses in March and June.

I will no doubt test every day until af arrives. That’s my usual strategy. I always have a huge stash of cheapies at home to satisfy my craving to test, and then should I get a hint of a line I have Frers and other tests to double check lol.

I can’t imagine the anxiety you must feel around any future pregnancies, I know how I feel having had much earlier losses.

But just because it sadly happened one time for you is absolutely no indication that it would ever happen again. It’s just the most heartbreaking situation.

How about you? Will you also test daily? Or are you more restrained than I am? Xx

Alicia870 Tue 06-Oct-20 14:03:04

@Moominmiss I'm so sorry for your losses. It's all heartbreaking regardless of gestation. So I'm sure it will also be daunting for you too. We can only keep picking ourselves up and trying again.

What day do you normally get a positive? With my last pregnancy I'm sure I got a faint line early around 9dpo but I wasn't exactly aware of when I'd ovulation as wasn't tracking with anything.

I think I might try to hold off until Friday but I say that and know I probably won't! I have some cheap amazon test strips but thinking there's prob no point relying on those as probably not that accurate so early on. Don't want to waste my frers like I usually do! X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in