Talk

Advanced search

9dpo BFP and Morning Sickness? Is it possible??

(6 Posts)
purplesky18 Mon 05-Oct-20 15:52:19

So I've been tracking my periods for about 2 months now. I think I am currently 9 or 10 DPO. Yesterday I was incredibly snappy and angry at DP for no reason. Today I woke up and tested with SMU and BFN, thought it was too early and perhaps my symptoms are PMS as I also had slight cramping. Today I have felt so so sick, the feeling you get where you want to be sick but you know you won't be sick yet (does that make any sense)??

Anyhow, something told me I needed to test again, so around midday I tested with a cheapie, I believe I can see a squinter of a line, I'm convinced it's not an evap. With my last pregnancy, I had HG and was sick from about 5 weeks till about 20 weeks. Is it really possible to start getting sickness from the minute you conceive (if I have this month)??? I'm dreading the thought of having HG again, and I hate to think that it will be worse if it's already starting now?

OP’s posts: |
Lille4 Mon 05-Oct-20 16:41:51

I had HG with my first baby and honestly it’s the only thing I’m dreading about pregnancy. I had mine throughout the pregnancy and I just couldn’t eat or keep anything down for months. Actually lost weight during pregnancy shockingly. Everything smelled and tasted horribly😓 Try testing again around 12dpo. I can remember mine started quite early but not until after AF was late. Good luck x

purplesky18 Mon 05-Oct-20 16:46:44

Lille4

I had HG with my first baby and honestly it’s the only thing I’m dreading about pregnancy. I had mine throughout the pregnancy and I just couldn’t eat or keep anything down for months. Actually lost weight during pregnancy shockingly. Everything smelled and tasted horribly😓 Try testing again around 12dpo. I can remember mine started quite early but not until after AF was late. Good luck x

It's awful isn't it, I have some hope it won't be as bad with a 2nd but knowing my luck it will be worse! I've had an early miscarriage before I had my first DC, so I'm trying to remain calm and not get too excited until I know it sticks, hopefully I get my BFP clearer in the next few days.

TTCmyfirst Tue 06-Oct-20 05:31:40

It's definitely possible! My first sign this time round was intense nausea at 10dpo - just last week, and that's what made me take a test. I was thinking it was far too soon for nausea to be a sign but my little cheapies had a tiny squinter, and FRER showed a faint but definite line! Nausea only lasted a couple days then went away (although I'm sure it will be back with a vengeance a little later lol)
Hope you're getting on ok 🤞🏼

purplesky18 Tue 06-Oct-20 07:42:56

TTCmyfirst

It's definitely possible! My first sign this time round was intense nausea at 10dpo - just last week, and that's what made me take a test. I was thinking it was far too soon for nausea to be a sign but my little cheapies had a tiny squinter, and FRER showed a faint but definite line! Nausea only lasted a couple days then went away (although I'm sure it will be back with a vengeance a little later lol)
Hope you're getting on ok 🤞🏼

How long did it take your cheapies to go darker? I had definite faint lines yesterday evening, taken two today around 3am and 7am and they seem to be fainter? I think I'm 10/11DPO now. I'm hoping it may be the fact it's still so early so hormones may take longer to show and maybe my fmu is weaker for some reason! Just praying it's not a chemical! I think I may get a pack of FRERs today just to rule out me going insane over cheapies.

TTCmyfirst Tue 06-Oct-20 08:26:48

Honestly they still haven't! Whereas the FRER is progressing really nicely and a digital is positive (1-2 weeks). I think cheapies are really good for giving you a hint that there's something there and then I always pull out the big guns at that stage and start testing with FRER.
So there is still hope for you 🤞🏼 keep us updated!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in