Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone's DP of the 'if it happens, it happens' opinion?

(2 Posts)
liv11 Wed 30-Sep-20 15:32:15

Me and DP have been ttc officially since February but I have been off contraception since February last year (2019)
Im trying not to stress about it but after BDing a few nights ago we were talking and it lead to 'if it happens it happens if it doesn't then we will deal with it'
We've been together 4 years and I feel this is our next natural step and watching people get pregnant over lockdown so easily I am beginning to get quite downtrodden.
I understand perhaps my fiance doesn't feel this need that I do to have a baby (it is normal to feel this need BTW?) so I just wondered if anyone other DP felt this way when ttc.

Thanks all.

OP’s posts: |
maybe2021 Wed 30-Sep-20 16:21:06

Hi @liv11 i find that men tend to be more laid back and dont really excited until pregant or sometimes when baby is actually here , obviosly there has to be some sort of motivation from both parties so make it happen .. are you using any sort of app to help you track ovulation ? As they say it can take a healthy couple up to two years to conceive , but perhaps nearer that time scale you could get the ball rolling and go to the GP to ask for some general tests ti check everything is okay . Currently TTC myself and i feel like everyone esle is getting preg at once , try not to focus on that tho ( easier said than done ) but definately takes the pressure off .xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in