Talk

Advanced search

I need a hug

(5 Posts)
Secretsquirrelisfedup Sat 26-Sep-20 07:58:52

I’ve had a really shit year. Was TTC #3 for months last year until we took a break due to me feeling rubbish. I had a lot of issues which made me feel bloody awful that were put down by several doctors to a flare up of my inflammatory bowel disease despite me telling them that it felt nothing like that and I’ve had that under control for the last 2 years. It also seemed to get worse/ease off a bit in sync with my monthly cycle. Eventually a doctor listened to me and sent me for a scan. Turned out I had a rather large cyst on one of my ovaries causing the problems and cancer had to be ruled out, which thankfully it was. I also have some pelvic congestion which they are going to have a closer look at.

The cyst has now resolved and I had a telephone appointment with a gynae consultant to talk about the plan going forward as although the cyst was causing most of the problems, there is still a lot of lingering discomfort/pain and general crapness which gets worse around ovulation and AF. He suggested that if we want another child then I could TTC now and delay further investigations till after pregnancy should we be successful and that would be his advice but that he’ll get the ball rolling getting me on the list for a laparoscopy in the mean time.

I hadn’t considered this option till he suggested it and just assumed we would have to put TTC on hold, possibly permenantly but at least until things were sorted. We weren’t going to jump in straight away but we figured it can’t hurt if we’ve got the go ahead from the consultant and given that it took 12-18 months to conceive DC1&2 it probably wouldn’t happen straight away anyway. This was about 3 weeks ago, fast forward to two days ago my period was due, it didn’t arrive and I had a load of not particularly sensitive internet cheapie strips in the drawer from last year. I got a faint but definitely there BFP so ordered some FRERs which were also BFPs but still not the strongest lines. OH was struggling to believe it was real and I knew he’d feel better if I test again in a day or so and get a strong line. I waited and tested this morning with FMU and both the cheapies and the digital test I was saving are BFN. I am absolutely gutted. Added to this a couple of close friends have just announced they are expecting. I don’t know why I let myself get my hopes up.

Sorry for the long whinge but it feels good to let it out.

OP’s posts: |
Tamalama Sat 26-Sep-20 08:20:20

Hi @Secretsquirrelisfedup I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. I recently discovered that I have a cyst on my ovary too. It's benign but one of my tumour market levels is slightly raised and therefore borderline but they suspect the tissue on the cyst is endometriosis and that's what's caused the raised levels in my CA125 test.

Like you, my pains are worse around ovulation and af.

We're ttc #2- we already have a DD who's 3 and I had a mc in January 2019. Been ttc ever since and it's not happening. We had fertility tests done and all clear, (not had a laparoscopy though or a hycosy) but my concern is that I'm 40 in December and last week the gp said that the cyst may affecting ttc.

It's quite large and due to the pain I get, that I'm ttc and almost 40, they wanted to fast track me through so they've referred to it as suspected cancer. The gp explained that sometimes they have to use trigger words to fast track things. That doesn't stop me being petrified and I'm attending hospital on Tuesday as a new Gynaecology Oncology outpatient.

I'm really hoping they just remove the damn thing so I can get on with ttc.

Can't really offer any advice, just to show some solidarity and empathy. X

Moo678 Sat 26-Sep-20 08:22:38

Sending lots of hugs. I know how hard it is when you get your hopes up - I’ve had so many times where I’ve been sure I’ve seen a line only for AF to show up or another test to be negative. Really hope you get your BFP soon xx

Secretsquirrelisfedup Sat 26-Sep-20 08:37:07

@Tamalama, I’m so sorry you’re struggling too. It’s terrifying isn’t it. The wait to find out what’s going on is the worst part and so very hard not to dwell on the worst case scenario. I was fast tracked too but thankfully my CA125 came back clear so my horrible limbo of not knowing was a lot shorter. I have everything crossed for you that it’s endo throwing the markers out and that they sort you out ASAP.

Massive hugs to you.

Secretsquirrelisfedup Sat 26-Sep-20 08:43:04

Thanks @Moo678.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in