Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation question...

(5 Posts)
discoballs88 Wed 16-Sep-20 21:24:02

Hi all...

Please do not judge me for the stupidity of this question!

I am newish to all this and have been tracking ovulation using the little strip tests every day. I started a week or so before my period, had my period and am now back on the testing. I can't see the line getting any darker and it's been pretty faint the whole time so far really (I've still got a few days to go until my accurate-ish period tracker app says I should be ovulating).

But my question is. If you get your period regularly, does that mean you're ovulating each month? Or is it possible to get your period and NOT be ovulating? I'm sure this is a really stupid question but I've been trying to get to the bottom of it on google and can't really see a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance for any insights x

OP’s posts: |
Pinklilly Wed 16-Sep-20 21:26:30

Hi I had a similar question myself last month. Tbh you may be ovulating later in the cycle so just keep testing and hopefully you can see a peak.
There is a chance that those with regular cycles can experience anovulation but the likelihood of a late ovulation is more likely.
Hope this helps

beckyBP Wed 16-Sep-20 21:29:03

@discoballs88 hey Hun. Keep testing I was a good few days later than I thought / than my app said.

The positive ovulation strip doesn't actually mean you've ovulated or will ovulate but it's your body releasing the hormones to start the process. You can have your period and not ovulate xx

Luce89 Wed 16-Sep-20 21:35:37

Keep testing, the apps aren't always 100% correct. If you have regular periods it's very likely you're ovulating regularly too.

discoballs88 Wed 16-Sep-20 22:16:51

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the replies! 😘

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in