Talk

Advanced search

Good or bad sign?

(7 Posts)
HPenthusiast Wed 09-Sep-20 19:09:27

Oh @MJM1608 this is amazing news - congratulations!! When I was pregnant last time both my early tests were negative and then I got a BFP the day of my missed period. It’s so annoying that AF and pregnancy symptoms are so similar it’s so confusing.

Thank you @jazzibelle I’m going to try not to think about it and see if AF turns up and then test again if not. I can see why they say it’s best to wait for one cycle before trying again 🥴

I forgot to post the photo of the test I took this today. This was @ 12:00 and the one I took at 5:30am was basically the same so not going to get my hopes up too much xx

OP’s posts: |
jazzibelle Wed 09-Sep-20 18:17:56

@HPenthusiast not to give you false hope, but I don't think you'll detect HCG from your MC after so many negatives. If I've understood you correctly, you got a faint + on Monday, then another on Wednesday but the second was a more faint line than the first... I hope this is it for you and it's a sticky one. If it were me, I'd test again on Friday AM with both FMU and SMU (some women have posted on here that they get a stronger line with SMU). Hoping you see some progression x

MJM1608 Wed 09-Sep-20 13:35:45

@HPenthusiast I took tests at 10dpo/13dpo & 17 dpo which were all negative, no AF.. I’ve just taken a test today at 19 dpo(!!) which I think is my BFP! I had the most horrific cramp & was sure it was AF. Yours looks positive to me - hopefully the line gets darker, I would take a digital tomorrow morning to confirm! Lots of love xx

HPenthusiast Wed 09-Sep-20 13:27:51

Thanks for your reply @ILookAtTheFloor.
I’ve just done another at lunch and this was the result. It doesn’t show in the photo but it’s so so faint so I’m assuming it could be left over hormone from the mc even though I’ve had multiple negative tests in the last few weeks.
Here’s to next month 😢

ILookAtTheFloor Wed 09-Sep-20 12:19:40

Yeah that looks positive to me! Congrats!

HPenthusiast Wed 09-Sep-20 10:27:24

Photo of the one I took on Monday

HPenthusiast Wed 09-Sep-20 10:26:50

H E L P ⁉️

Bit of background - I had a MMC in August and had the MVA procedure on the 18th August. I’ve had multiple negative pg tests since the 23rd and think I ovulated on the 28th from what I can tell from my OPKs.

So from Friday - Sunday I had some really low down cramps which I thought were implantation cramps as im sure I had this last time.

I’m due on over the weekend and curiosity got the better of me and I took a first response test on Monday - 10dpo. This is the result I got (very faint line) and I took this at lunchtime after quite a lot of water.

I thought I would wait 2 days to see if it got any darker and this morning with FMU - 12dpo -that one (not pictured) has a very faint line but fainter than this.

Im so confused and sad that this may mean the pregnancy wasn’t successful. I know it’s not over until AF arrived so going to keep everything possible crossed. 🤞🏼 Does anyone have any experience of this please?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in