Talk

Advanced search

Disappointed

(34 Posts)
Timetobeslow Tue 08-Sep-20 09:14:18

BFN on clearblue and FRER this morning. Period due today or tomorrow.
I have been having slight nausea and really thought this was a sign. Annoyed at myself having wasted money on the tests. angry

OP’s posts: |
unCliche Tue 08-Sep-20 12:08:45

Don't give up hope! Give it a few more days if AF doesn't arrive smile

Timetobeslow Tue 08-Sep-20 12:40:46

Thanks for the encouragement!
Pretty unlikely to turn to a BFP now as too close to AF.

unCliche Tue 08-Sep-20 12:48:22

Well it could all depend on what you possibly implanted. If you implanted 12 DPO then it might take the day AF is due to get a BFP. How long are your cycles usually?

Timetobeslow Tue 08-Sep-20 13:17:59

Thanks for your reply!
My cycles are generally 26 days but some odd months 28 days.
Only DTD once on day 15 as it's around my ovulation time so think I missed my chance to be fair.

2020mission Tue 08-Sep-20 13:29:52

@Timetobeslow same here 🙋‍♀️ wasted another FRER today and was hoping for the best. How long have you been trying? I've now had 7 cycles of BFN and 2 cycles of BFP that ended in a chemical a week later 😔 fed up!

Timetobeslow Tue 08-Sep-20 13:56:05

Sorry to hear about your CPs. It’s terrible to get a bfp and turn into chemical. This was my first month and yea I feel the same about wasting the money!

unCliche Tue 08-Sep-20 15:14:48

Oh no, so sorry about your CPs @2020mission. I'm sending all positivity and baby dust your way!
And @Timetobeslow, if AF hasn't arrived don't rule yourself out but if she does, then it just means you can try again very soon smile

Timetobeslow Tue 08-Sep-20 16:08:59

Thanks! How are you getting on?

unCliche Tue 08-Sep-20 16:45:42

Things are ok with me, I've had about 1000 symptoms that I've never had before but don't want to get ahead of myself either because I'm taking Pregnacare and that might be impacting my cycle and creating new PMS symptoms! AF isn't due until the weekend so I have a few more days to wait before expecting a BFP.

Timetobeslow Tue 08-Sep-20 16:52:46

Fingers crossed for you and keep us updated. Not long to go to test now smile

Timetobeslow Thu 10-Sep-20 07:27:50

Cycle day 28, BFN and no period. If AF doesn’t arrive by weekend then def late. Just want it to hurry up so can try again. How are you all getting on?

unCliche Thu 10-Sep-20 13:18:09

Oooo it's getting ever so close! I'm due this weekend and have been getting BFN.

But at least AF hasn't shown her ugly face for you!! So that's something! On another thread I'm on a lady just got a BFP after 12 days being late for AF so you never know! Could just take you a while to get your BFP

Timetobeslow Thu 10-Sep-20 14:09:13

I don’t think will be getting a bfp at all as I have had 3 pregnancies ( 2 kids and one Mc ) and always got a bfp a couple of days before. Think I am just late as been quite stressed last month. I have been tracking my periods since my first child was born and have never been late. Oh fancy that the first month I try to fall pregnant and I am late that same month due to stress sad
Will this be your first dc? Today could have been too early to test for you, still 3 more days to go and fingers crossed you get your positive smile

unCliche Thu 10-Sep-20 17:04:34

Sorry to hear about your previous MC.
Pregnancies won't always be the same. I've read about people who have had completely different symptoms with each of their pregnancies smile.
Maybe take a few days off from testing, just to not add to your stress and do something that'll relax you.

Yeah this will be my first time trying for my first dc. We didn't really do it properly as we DTD only once but sometimes that's all it takes so let's see. Thank you!

Timetobeslow Fri 11-Sep-20 07:46:03

Thank you, the mc was before my daughter and although it was traumatic, I feel I wouldn’t have my daughter now if I didn’t have the mc, if that makes sense.

Have you got a nice way to surprise your other half if you get a positive test? The first time is always so exciting smile

Thanks for your encouragement, no period which means I am late now. I have a faint positive which came within time on a clear blue. Now just need to wait and see what happens as it’s all out of my control now.

Let me know how you get on when you test and thanks for chatting to me smile

unCliche Fri 11-Sep-20 09:58:36

Amazing! See! I told you not to lose hope! And I'm sure the line will only get darker and darker! And congratulations too! I wish you a really healthy 9 months smile

I think I'll get a BFN this month as I have my usual AF boobs. They've been getting progressively more painful the closer to AF I get so it feels like this won't be my month. We probably won't try again until next year as we want to buy a house but at least it was fun trying!

But IF it was a BFP I'll just tell him straight away, I think I'll be too excited to go through with a well thought out surprise grin.

Timetobeslow Mon 14-Sep-20 09:48:35

Hey how are you? Did you test? I am sorry it’s taken a while to come back, I have been really down and upset as my tests are not very strong in colour. I feel like I should resigned myself for a MC to happen. I just don’t know how to feel about it. I don’t have any symptoms but never had any with my two successful pregnancies. It’s a weird limbo to be stuck in.

unCliche Mon 14-Sep-20 10:16:45

Sorry to hear that things aren't progressing how you want them to. Have you booked an appointment with your GP? I think that would be the best way to get the answers you need. At least then you can get a blood test and some confirmation. Having no symptoms isn't necessarily a bad thing but I know what you mean, you always want to feel something to have that security that everything is still OK.
For me, AF was a little late but showed this morning. So I won't be trying again for a long while, but seeing as it was my first time, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. A little disappointed but I'm OK with it

Timetobeslow Mon 14-Sep-20 13:04:04

Thank you for your lovely words.
Really sorry to hear that AF arrived. Would you not consider TTC whilst trying to buy a house at the same time? If you have age on your side then it’s okay to wait but I find the waiting bit the hardest to get through. Are you okay with the waiting?
Will hold off the GP for a few weeks as not much can be done at this stage,

unCliche Mon 14-Sep-20 14:21:51

It's alright! It was more of a "I've never been accidently pregnant before so let's try and see if we can get ourselves accidently pregnant - but on purpose" kind of thing.
Next time, we'll take it more seriously and I'll actually look out for things like ovulation and DTD more than once grin.
We both just really surprised ourselves at how excited we would be if we actually did get pregnant. I'm 27 so have a little time, I'm trying to convince him to start trying after AF again because the thought of having a kid without a house didn't scare us so we might as well.

Alright, keep monitoring the situation and I know it's easier said than done but stay positive. And if you feel that something is wrong, then definitely see your GP or call 111. Better to be safe than sorry! And keep me updated too! I'd love to hear how things go.

Timetobeslow Wed 16-Sep-20 13:43:56

Have you managed to persuade your partner smile
27 is a nice age and if you have a babe by 28, you can have a longer gap if you want to have more than 1, the longer gap reduces the childcare costs and you can still work if you wish to. So it’s a great age all around to start.
You can still save to buy etc when baby is young as you can bring the baby up as cheap as possible and they won’t notice! I think if you are in stable relationship, are financially able to support a child then you should go for it.

unCliche Wed 16-Sep-20 18:24:14

Yup! My husband has agreed to start trying for real in October! Yay!!
I accidentally bought an Ava fertility bracelet (ended up being the highest bidder on eBay while I was still contemplating whether I wanted one or not - I was leaning towards not wanting one but oh well! Got it for half the price of a brand new one) so hopefully that'll help speed up the conception process.
Yeah, that's the plan. The housing market isn't favourable to us right now so we'll keep an eye on it but will continue saving until we find a place that's good value for money.
How are things with you? Are your test lines getting stronger?

Timetobeslow Wed 16-Sep-20 19:09:46

Hey! That’s superb news, really pleased for you that your husband is on board. October is only around the corner. You must be very excited! Keep taking your folic acid smile Does the bracelet help? I have heard of them but never used them myself. Fingers crossed they work for you, although I don’t think you need any help, just plenty of DTD grin
That’s the thing about the market right now, we were in the process of selling and buying a house nearer to my son’s school but all the house prices have been so inflated that we had to pull out. Are you in London? The house prices in London are crazy right now. And they are going so fast too.
I did one of those weeks indicator test today and it shows 2-3 weeks which is correct I think as I am only 5+1. I felt a bit better and hoping for the best.

Timetobeslow Wed 16-Sep-20 19:13:14

This one. The early stages are so unpredictable and really goes so slow. Around me, we don’t have to go to GP to refer to the maternity services. I can self refer. I will probably have an early scan around 6/7 weeks and if all okay then refer myself to the hospital.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in