Talk

Advanced search

Hope after 3 consecutive miscarriages

(7 Posts)
Furbabymum15 Fri 04-Sep-20 21:29:52

Hey ladies, I'm just after some inspiration please. I'm 42 no children and had 3 consecutive miscarriages. 2 were MMC picked up at 12 wk scans (9+4 and 10+3) I'm currently loosing one at a gestation of 5 wks but I should be 7 wks. I'm being referred for investigation but just wondering has anyone suffered similar situation and gone on for a healthy baby either with or without treatment xx

OP’s posts: |
Inspirationpending Fri 04-Sep-20 21:36:47

I was late 30’s and had three consecutive miscarriages. A gynae Doctor colleague recommended trying low dose aspirin and my next pregnancy was successful
My consultant dismissed the aspirins effectiveness but it was literally the only thing I did differently.

Thinking of you op xx

Brenna24 Sat 05-Sep-20 04:08:58

I was late 30s. 3 consecutive miscarriages, the 1st a MMC at 11+3 (baby stopped growing at 8 weeks) the next two at 5 weeks, tests at the recurrent miscarriage clinic showed no problems. I didn't manage to get pregnant again for another year. RMC suggested getting NK cell test in Coventry. I went there and to a natural fertility clinic in Leamington Spa. Both clinics found issues and with a fair amount of treatment from both clinics we now have a 2.5 year old tornado ripping around our house.

pastaparadise Sat 05-Sep-20 10:25:27

flowers for your losses - its just heartbreaking.

I had 2 m/c at 5 weeks (late 30s). My consultant luckily did early investingations and found I had a blood clotting problem. Next pregnancy I went on aspirin and heparin injections, which was successful. I then had another mmc after that (I hadn't known I was pregnant as my periods hadn't started after dc1, so wasn't on any treatment). Few months later another successful pregnancy on same treatment.

Def push for more investigations which you're entitled to. Good luck

Littlegoth Sat 05-Sep-20 11:02:40

I had 3 miscarriages between May 2018 and July 2019. I’m 39. Went for tests, diagnosed with APS. I take 150mg aspirin every night now for the APS, and will do forever. From the day I got my last positive test I was started on enexoparin injections to prevent clots in the placenta. I’m having a c section on weds when I will be 37 weeks. Hard to believe we are here but I hope this gives you hope. X

custardbear Sat 05-Sep-20 11:06:04

Yes, I have two children now but had multiple miscarriages. What worked for me was aspirin, high concentration of folic acid, also tried and found agnus castus worked for me too to get pregnant (had problems falling pregnant too) and high concentration of evening primrose oil. Slight weight loss helped also
Good luck! thanks

custardbear Sat 05-Sep-20 11:07:53

I corogot to say, my consultant also put me on. Weekly injections of HCG too with one of my children, albeit I had the same for another pregnancy which I miscarries at 10 weeks 🥺

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in