Talk

Advanced search

TTC with Irregular cycles since coming off the pill

(3 Posts)
pickle2020 Sat 29-Aug-20 19:28:07

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing as me or anyone has any advice please.
I came off my pill at the end of March, it took 3 months for first period to arrive which was the end of June. My first proper cycle was then 27 days after this. However I am now on CD39, I got a BFN on CD33 and now I’m unsure what to do! This was our first month of TTC (as I was waiting for my periods to return), I haven’t been tracking ovulation so now I’m thinking I have not ovulated. I do have a cyst on one of my ovaries, I have been told by a gyno that this is normal and not to worry about it, so not sure if this is the reason why AF has not arrived. Will be great full to hear anyone’s advice or to hear of anyones story too xxx

OP’s posts: |
MintGreenLife Sat 29-Aug-20 20:08:19

@pickle2020 hey ☺️ I'm in a somewhat similar boat - I came off the pill in April, and AF arrived 30 days later. Initially I thought that was pretty good, but later found out that I had an extremely short luteal phase in cycle 1 & 2 off the pill. When I started having a normal luteal phase (just last cycle) that made my cycle 53 days as I didn't ovulate until around CD36-40! It's really frustrating and makes TTC really tricky. This is our third cycle TTC now and I'm currently CD21 with no ovulation yet but EWCM for around 4 days, however last cycle I had EWCM on and off for around 2 weeks before I finally ovulated. I'm not too sure how normal this is, as on the NHS website it says that you should expect your normal cycle to resume within three months. Are you doing anything to track ovulation? I'm charting BBT and using OPKs. I'm finding OPKs frustrating at the mo, but would highly reccomend charting BBT as gives you peace of mind that you are actually ovulating. We've committed to DTD every other day until ovulation, which can last for weeks on end, but at least that way we shouldn't miss ovulation this cycle - last cycle I started giving up around CD30. Then when you've confirmed ovulation with a temp rise you can have a little rest ☺️

pickle2020 Sat 29-Aug-20 20:35:37

@MintGreenLife hey! Thank you for sharing your story.. that is so frustrating for you having irregular cycles and late ovulation! I hope it returns to normal for you soon. I was advised up to 6 months when I mentioned it to the doctor!
I have got some OPK’s however I was waiting for AF to come so I could start a new cycle as I have no idea when I should start testing. I’m not sure if I should just go ahead and use them now or not! I haven’t done anything with BBT as to be honest I reckon I would forget to do it every morning, but maybe this is something I should look into. As like you said, once you know you’ve ovulated, you know its just the case of whether AF arrives or not!
Hopefully you won’t be waiting too long to get your BFP! 😊

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in