Talk

Advanced search

Low progesterone?

(4 Posts)
BabyE8 Fri 21-Aug-20 11:38:06

Hello! My husband and I have recently been referred to commence fertility testing, so far I’ve had my day 21 bloods (done on day 22 due to weekend) and my husband has his sperm analysis next week.

I was told my results were all “normal” however when I asked more into this the receptionist said the dr noted my progesterone was borderline, at only 19.7. I’ve done a bit of research and this seems to be really low for post ovulation? I’m a bit confused and don’t really know what next steps to take? x

OP’s posts: |
BabyE8 Sat 22-Aug-20 22:15:50

Anyone?

OP’s posts: |
Livingmagicallyagain Sat 22-Aug-20 22:25:25

Do you know which units it was measured in? I was told anything above 30 shows you've ovulated but ideally above 60. But this was a few months ago and I'm afraid I can't remember the units. What was your baseline progesterone at the first part of your cycle? FSH from the first part, did you have that done too?

What a worry for you to be in limbo. Are your cycles regular?

Toni Wechsler's book well worth a read, you'll probably find your answers in there.

Moominmiss Sun 23-Aug-20 00:11:40

As a pp said, what was the 19.7 measured in.

My day 21 progesterone level was 67nmol/L and I was told that that figured indicated ovulation had occurred.

As the pp said I was also told they look for the figure to be over 30 ideally.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in