Talk

Advanced search

False positive hcg due to uti?

(6 Posts)
FxBB2020 Tue 18-Aug-20 07:24:34

Hi guys,

I am approximately 11dpo at the minute..have been having positive tests since 9dpo..
My frer both yesterday and today seem no darker than the one taken on sunday afternoon. However my internet cheapy did appear to darken significantly today.

Basically I'm really nervous that the lack of progression of the frer tests means this may be a chemical..
Have also read that a uti can rarely cause a false positive...seeing gp later today as I do think i have one and terrified that a false positive could be the case! Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
LS2020 Tue 18-Aug-20 07:32:42

Hi @FxBB2020 I’ve had plenty of UTIs and it’s never given me a false positive and you’d have to have bacteria that matched the molecular structure of HCG which feels very unlikely so if you’ve been continually getting getting lines I wouldn’t worry too much.
How long do you think you’ve had a UTI as could just be early pg symptoms?

I wouldn’t worry too much about line darkness’s as this point. At 9dpo you must have only just implanted and HCG doubles so say on 9dpo you have a level of 1, by 11dpo that’s only 4 whereas by 14dpo it would 32. The difference between 1 and 4 would probably be undetectable but you’ll notice a difference at 14dpo if that makes sense?

Sounds like you’re doing right thing with seeing the doctor and hope all goes well 🤞🏻

SpillTheTeaa Tue 18-Aug-20 07:33:57

I don't think a UTI would have given you a false positive.
Don't worry about the line not being darker it's still so early

PurpleDaisies Tue 18-Aug-20 07:38:40

Plenty of people wouldn’t get any sort of positive at 9/11days post ovulation.

Do you have uti symptoms?

FxBB2020 Tue 18-Aug-20 07:53:53

Thanks girls.
I had a suspected uti maybe 3 weeks ago and was on an antibiotic and was never really sure it cleared up..having some symptoms again today so going to see the gp this morning! Good to hear that it's probably not related to my positive tests!

OP’s posts: |
SpillTheTeaa Tue 18-Aug-20 19:08:16

Good luck and all the best smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in