Talk

Advanced search

TTC #2 at 41 with low fertility

(2 Posts)
CattleOnBikes Mon 17-Aug-20 12:24:04

I'm 41.5 years old and my partner's 37. He was diagnosed with low sperm motility early last year after we were referred for tests because we hadn't been able to conceive for 12 months. After his test I had a Hycosy done which showed that I was about to ovulate and my right tube was fine but the left tube was suspected to be blocked. The doctor said that the tube could just be spasming and referred me for a more detailed investigation which would have involved a camera inserted into my womb. We never got to that stage because I fell pregnant naturally the next cycle 😃 and we now have a 6 month old baby boy! It took us 15 months to conceive.
We'd love to have another baby but I'm wondering whether it would be better to go for ivf straight away as the clock is ticking. My cycles have returned to normal and my bbt shows I'm ovulating but I have no idea what my ovarian reserve is like. Do you think it's worth ttc naturally for about 6 months before going for ivf or would that be a waste of time? We'd have to fund any treatment ourselves as we're no longer eligible for NHS treatment.

OP’s posts: |
Waitingforbabypage Mon 17-Aug-20 12:54:19

What a journey!
I personally would try naturally first. But it's obviously really up to you.
It's all very exciting, wishing you the very best with all of this! X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in