Talk

Advanced search

Thinking I’m pregnant

(6 Posts)
Aprilkayyy Sat 15-Aug-20 15:47:00

Hi guys,
I’m brand new on here. I’m 28 and Me and my BFF have been trying to have a baby. I had the implant, which was taken out in January. I didn’t have a period until end of February.
Basically last month I was sure I was pregnant, and I was roughly 2 days later than usual, but then AF turned up much to my disappointment. Now, I’m due today but have had none of my usual period cramps and I don’t feel as I usually do. My boobs are VERY sore, which they usually are but they’re usually sore halfway through my cycle, not when I’m actually supposed to be on. I’ve taken 2 pregnancy tests today and both negative.
I’m aware that I’m probably looking for any sign (as I do every month) but am hoping it’s a false negative. What were your first “signs” other than being late? And did anyone get false negatives? Just looking for some hope!
Thank you

OP’s posts: |
Aprilkayyy Sat 15-Aug-20 15:47:39

I meant boyfriend, not BFF

Bananacloud Sat 15-Aug-20 15:51:00

It’s not likely to get a false negative on day of your missed period as hcg should be high enough to detect. But that’s not to say it can’t happen. Good luck!

Aprilkayyy Sat 15-Aug-20 15:54:38

That’s pretty much what I thought! But I’m holding on to any hope I can haha!

Monday55 Sat 15-Aug-20 15:54:52

99% you're not pregnant if you're getting a negative on day off missed period. You could try a different brand test to put yourself at ease.

calimommy Sat 15-Aug-20 16:03:55

If you were a few days later last month perhaps your cycles are changing slightly. Also as PP mentioned, a negative test on day of AF is unlikely to be positive. Are you testing for ovulation? If your cycles are changing perhaps you aren't hitting the right dates for ovulation anymore.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in