Talk

Advanced search

Blood tests results help please

(7 Posts)
Annna41 Thu 13-Aug-20 13:56:44

Hi, just wondered if anyone has any experience with fertility blood testing?

The GP sent off full bloods at my request and my results are apparently "normal". Unfortunately the bloods were taken day 10 of my cycle (4 days before ovulation) and I believe they should have been day 2-5 ish.

My serum LH was 9.7 and my serum FSH was 6.9 - I'm 41 years old.

I'm not sure if that's ok or if I should have them taken again at an appropriate time.

Hopefully someone has more information on this subject smile

OP’s posts: |
Annna41 Thu 13-Aug-20 21:31:28

Anyone? hmm

Juno231 Thu 13-Aug-20 21:51:39

Both are really normal results smile your LH is a classic level during the follicular phase and your FSH level is really good and would not indicate early menopause or anything like that.

Annna41 Thu 13-Aug-20 22:32:45

Thanks @Juno231. You've put my mind at ease x

PlanBea Thu 13-Aug-20 23:41:26

I agree with PP, figures are fine. The early cycle test just needs to be in your follicular phase, so as long as it was pre ovulation you're ok. are you having a CD21 test as well?

Annna41 Fri 14-Aug-20 18:54:49

Thanks @PlanBea. I'm finding it all a bit confusing. We've bee trying about 8 months and nothing. Because of my age I thought it worth getting checked out early. Are the 21 day bloods to check for ovulation? I can certainly ask. Anything else I should be checking at this stage?

Thanks again for both of your replies x

Juno231 Fri 14-Aug-20 21:01:26

Yes day 21 is for progesterone and essentially checks if you actually ovulate or if you might need some help in that dept. Your gp should also have referred you for an ultrasound next, to double check you don't have any fibroid, cysts etc in the way.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in