Talk

Advanced search

TWW and alcohol...

(6 Posts)
QwertyBert Thu 06-Aug-20 18:37:57

I know it’s a controversial subject! Personally, I usually enjoy a couple of glasses of wine in week one of 2ww.
Today and yesterday (5/6dpo) I had a glass of wine and had horrible nausea and weird heartburn in my stomach?

On the upside, that’s curbed my evening glass of plonk! Any chance it could be an early sign? I know, I’m clutching!!

Interested in anyone’s views on it? Hopefully judgement free 😊

OP’s posts: |
octobersky19 Thu 06-Aug-20 19:17:08

I had two rounds of ivf, I didn't drink during TWW. I think this was because of how delicate my situation was, chances of conceiving etc and the fact I physically seen the embryo on a screen prior to it being implanted, so it felt all too real.

I've started TTC naturally this month, not sure if I'll drink during the TWW but I feel less opposed to it this time - idk why confused

Belle1983 Thu 06-Aug-20 19:22:12

I had a few drinks in my TWW, although I wasn't actually thinking that I was going to be lucky.
I stopped as soon as I got my BFP.

Good luck. I hope your aversion to alcohol is a positive sign x

MrsCrumbtious Thu 06-Aug-20 19:30:04

Fingers crossed it could be a sign it’s still early days to have symptoms for definite.

I drank through my 2ww, when I say drink it was my usual 2 glasses of wine at the weekend and I had a bottle of cider on a night out. Felt rough the next day and the following day I got my BFP! (Obvs stopped drinking the moment I saw 2 lines 😂)

Personally I didn’t want to put my life on hold for something that may or may not happen. It took us 4 years to fall so that would have been a long time staying off the Pinot lol

Fingers crossed for you!

QwertyBert Fri 07-Aug-20 17:08:21

Thank you ladies! I think I was just getting anxiety about waiting for testing!

OP’s posts: |
calimommy Fri 07-Aug-20 23:44:34

I've always drunk/eaten blue cheese & rare steak during the TWW. Too many disappointments to hang on every twinge and hold back for two weeks. Might as well relax and kick your feet up. Obviously I don't continue to drink once I get a BFP! One of my friends always says that most babies start out a little pickled 😂. I take alcohol and pregnancy very seriously but I truly don't believe it does any harm in such a tiny window and the placenta doesn't kick in for several weeks anyway.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in