Talk

Advanced search

BBT and alcohol

(6 Posts)
RMarieClaire Fri 31-Jul-20 15:39:16

Ladies who track bbt, do you just not drink?

I know I know, alcohol isn't good for fertility, but sharing a nice bottle of wine with my husband is basically my only indulgence at the moment, and I don't plan to stop until I have to (ie im pregnant). With DC1 I drank far more and my BBT was all over the place - definitely did not look like the chart of someones BFP!

Now I have max half a bottle but it still makes my BBT rise. Does anyone drink and adjust? Or maybe just not drink around when ovulation due?

OP’s posts: |
LuckyFlash Fri 31-Jul-20 15:50:07

I still drink - like you, I don’t plan on stopping drinking until I see that BFP as I don’t see the point in restricting the things I enjoy (in moderation) for something that may or may not happen. I don’t find it affects my temp all that much although a few glasses of wine can interrupt my sleep which then might throw my temp off. Generally though even if I get a few off temps it doesn’t stop a pattern coming up in the long run. This month I had crazy insomnia from the day before ov until 9 dpo and thought I should just give up temping but FF still managed to pick up ovulation on the day I thought it happened, it just took a bit longer to see the pattern

Juno231 Fri 31-Jul-20 16:34:11

Hm it only seems to throw my temp off if I get drunk, and not just from a few glasses of wine. So yeah I definitely still drink and BBT smile

Maybe you just need to drink consistently so the pattern still becomes visible lol grin

RMarieClaire Fri 31-Jul-20 16:45:14

@Juno231 that's very tempting!

RMarieClaire Fri 31-Jul-20 16:46:39

Thanks ladies. That's interesting. Definitely too soon for a real pattern as I've only temped past 4 mornings but it's an interesting chart. Day 1 and 4 I didn't drink, day 2 and 3 I'd had half a bottle of wine.

RMarieClaire Fri 31-Jul-20 16:49:52

@LuckyFlash yes exactly. If someone told me, stop drinking this month and then you'll definitely get pregnant id of course do it, but if it might take a year or more, I want to enjoy my non-pregnant body. Especially at the moment while the sun is shining but the world is still a mess.

Plus my BBT from my first pregnancy was insane and it still worked. I just want to confirm ovulation if I can as I am only just regulating pp

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in