Talk

Advanced search

1st month off pill

(1 Post)
Hufflypuf Thu 30-Jul-20 11:26:42

Hi

My husband and I have decided that we're ready to try for our 1st baby. I've been on the combined pill for around 8 years and can't really remember what my cycle was like before.

I took my last pill 1 month ago and we have been having sex regularly since (around every 2 - 3 days). I haven't had a "real" period yet, only my withdrawal bleed. I realise that it can take around 3 months to start ovulating after coming off the pill.

My question is whether anyone here has got pregnant immediately after coming off the combined pill? I've done LOTS of research, it seems that you can conceive straight away coming off the mini pill but it's very unlikely with the combined pill. However, it must be possible as people do get pregnant after missing a couple of pills confused

I don't want to start doing pregnancy / ovulation tests yet as it feels a bit like I'm tempting fate! But I started too feel very hormonal yesterday and I wondered if it could be because I'm pregnant already rather than because my period was about to start.

Has anyone else been in the same situation?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in