Talk

Advanced search

EWCM three days after a positive OPK!?!???? What does that mean?

(12 Posts)
digitalgirl Mon 01-Oct-07 11:44:24

I'm CD24 today. Got a postitive opk on CD21, so assuming that meant I would ov on CD 22. So how come I've got more EWCM now than I did over the weekend?????

Does that mean I've not ovulated yet?

Anyone else ever had this??

scorpio1 Mon 01-Oct-07 11:51:36

I used to get it all over the place and just took it as a fertile sign, and hopped right on! grin Glad i did, because many women ov later than suspected and you may still be in your fertile stage, even if just on the last day. Good Luck!

belgo Mon 01-Oct-07 11:53:28

digitalgirl- I've googled EWCM since you told me what is meant, and isn't it possible for it to last 5 days or so?

scorpio1 Mon 01-Oct-07 11:57:00

more info here

Says here it can last up to 5 days too Belgo.

digitalgirl Mon 01-Oct-07 12:25:51

Thanks ladies, I thought the LH surge (which is what the opk's test for) only happened the day before you ov. Oh well EWCM's gotta be more accurate than a stick i suppose if that's the stuff the keeps the sperm alive, maybe i'm ov'ing right now! Will jump on DH as soon as we get home...grin

belgo Mon 01-Oct-07 12:26:40

lol go for it digitalgirlgrin

scorpio1 Mon 01-Oct-07 12:28:35

Also, if unlucky this month, next month have sex just before ov too. Sperm waiting up there for the egg is the best option! Milky type CM is still fertile-you will see this before EWCM, and this will help the sperm through the cervix too.

digitalgirl Mon 01-Oct-07 14:27:54

ok...just checked my cervix position. it's low, hard and definitely closed. meaning i'm post ov. why would i get ewcm after ov?? have googled and can't find any info on it.
so will still be bd'ing tonight though (one can never be too sure).

I think I have ttc information overload hmm

Scorpio - we did it loads just before and over the weekend, so am hoping we gave it our best shot! How's your pregnancy progressing?

nh101 Mon 01-Oct-07 15:40:41

digitalgirl, I had creamy CM every day after OV until I got BFP! So hopefully it is a sign that you are PG.

digitalgirl Mon 01-Oct-07 15:58:28

Hi nh101 it has been creamy but this morning was proper egg white. you know the stuff that looks like semen? I've had it like this at such weird times. Friday before last, then last monday, then today. Am hoping that this is all just one massive pg symptom...but experience tells me otherwise

nh101 Tue 02-Oct-07 11:26:04

Well whatever it is, I wish you all the luck in the world. I suppose all you can do is wait for AF and then look back and figure out what was happening at what time.

Ready Tue 02-Oct-07 19:24:18

This might be a silly question... but are you sure it is EWCM? and not semen? I remember a few discussions because they are apparently very easy to confuse grin

Just a thought??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now