Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for IVF clinics Northwest

(6 Posts)
gentlerose Mon 27-Jul-20 09:21:01

Hello smile

I am writing to ask if anyone can recommend the best IVF clinics within the Northwest Area.

I'm 40 (my partner is 46) and because he has children from a previous relationship I am not entitled to a free round on the NHS.

I've looked at CARE in Chester and had a quote from them. They have some good reviews.

It's such a big financial commitment I want to make the right decision.

Any shared experiences or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
TTC2016 Mon 27-Jul-20 12:15:57

Hi @gentlerose you may want to post this on the infertility section, lots of ladies there who may be able to help

gentlerose Mon 27-Jul-20 18:16:28

Thank you! Only just joined, still navigating! ; )

OP’s posts: |
Whilstwewait Mon 27-Jul-20 18:22:47

From when i was researching the area i only came up with care and the hewitt centre. Friends of mine had their son at hewitt and recommended it so we have gone there. We are on waiting list for for our first appointment due to covid delays and thats paying private. So may consider care instead. Did care mention timescales? X

Kitte321 Tue 28-Jul-20 14:11:08

Interested in this also. I’ve had initial tests done with Care (AMH, AFC) in Manchester but have also spoken to Manchester Fertility who I will have a consultation with. Care were fine, I find it very difficult to gauge anything now as consultations are over Zoom. Success rates seem the best in the NW.
In terms of the wait - Care certainly didn’t have a long wait and have said they will be able to get a protocol together within a couple of weeks. Good luck!!

Whilstwewait Tue 28-Jul-20 16:03:22

Thanks @Kitte321 I think I'll chase hewitt if my period arrives and if no appointment will call care. Hewitt said mid Aug for an appointment and that was after my ringing at beginning of July then another 10-12 weeks for treatment x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in