Talk

Advanced search

OPK questions :)

(4 Posts)
ThinnerByDinner Sun 26-Jul-20 17:24:39

Hi Ladies, I am onto cycle 4 (I think) trying time conceive baby number 2. I have a 2.5 year old daughter, she took 6 months to conceive after having a miscarriage so I’m realistic that this may take some time. I’ve never used ovulation sticks before and thought I would try them this month as my cycle has been slightly irregular (last month 33 days, this month 27 days).
I have brought the clear & simple ovulation tests, now I’ve seen people use them morning & afternoon. Did you have to hold your urine for 2-4 hours each time? I’m not sure I can do that and I drink a lot all day. What’s the best time to do these tests and do I need to restrict liquids before hand etc? Sorry I am totally new to these tests so have no idea what I’m doing!
Thanks in advance smile

OP’s posts: |
RMarieClaire Sun 26-Jul-20 17:40:26

I always did FMU. When I conceived dd that was enough but might start doing morning and evening for our second as I'm so impatient! 2 hours will definitely be the longest I'd be able to hold (thank you dd!). I think that should be ok. You could try digitals I think they're a bit more foolproof

Teacaketotty Sun 26-Jul-20 22:54:37

I used the cheap amazon ones morning and afternoon and they worked great for us. The digital ones never worked for me.

I didn’t pay much attention to what I was drinking etc, just tried to hold it for at least a couple hours if I could.

The great thing about the cheap stocks is you can test as much as you like, I would start 7 days into my cycle and test until I got a positive - that day even if your cycle length differs your unlikely to miss ovulation.

ThinnerByDinner Mon 27-Jul-20 08:02:13

Thanks for the tips! Yea I have brought the cheaper ones because it would probably bankrupt me buying the expensive ones. I was thinking of starting to use them on day 7 so will go ahead and do that. Will be interesting to see when I actually ovulate, I have just been going off apps and my body’s signs that I’m ovulating so will be interesting to see if that aligns!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in